Home Sports Talk
Options

OSU OUT!

Of the top 25, let it soak in.

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    That game wasn't as close as the score indicated. The U gave THE OSU a beatdown.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to defend OSU, but I think they are dealing with suspended players for the first 5 or 6 games- first year coach- difficult circumstances with distractions.

How about the addition of another Big Ten team? While the Illini defense played very well- all things considered-holding ASU to 14 was impressive and recording 6 sacks and the opportunistic 3 turnovers helped the cause. The offense remains a work in progress and a ranking of 24th seems premature. Wouldn't it be something if both Illinois and Wisconsin were unbeaten when they play in November? I think the Badgers could be as they probably have the best backfield in the country. Could shape up to be one of the biggest game in this rivalry since the 1950s- 1951 and 1953 were huge

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it will get worse for OSU before it gets better. Now we have 6 top notch athletes on the sidelines unable to play. With sanctions coming in the next few years there will be many top notch athletes that would have been Buckeyes deciding to play for Notre Dame, Michigan State, that place up North or other top programs.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Yes, they'd been in the top 25 since 2004. How often has Illinois been in the top 25 during the same period?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less than ten

But in all fairness, Illinois and OSU have had some memorable games in their rivalry.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illinois occasionally has a good year.
    OSU occasionally has a bad year.
    What could be considered a good year for Illinois may be an off year for OSU.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    not saying the illini

ot- its funny how osu has a cupcake non conference schedule and loses its toughest matchup and almost loses to toledo
  • Options
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I see that OSU is undefeated and ranked #7, a few spots ahead of undefeated USC. Hopefully Oklahoma State and South Carolina will continue to play well this year.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate...