Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Newp!

1937 Proof Crown

I just liked it so I bought it, I like the fact that it is a cam and not an ordinary 75 buck proof!

Comments

• Options
    I like it! Nice coin, fair price for it. The CAM designation gives it added value too of course...
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely crown.....congrats!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Very nice crown for a very nice price!!
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather love these 20th C crowns myself. Nice coin but would like some lighting that showed the cameo.
    As you intimated, the vast majority of these suffered from contacts with the other coins in the set or too
    many fingers and are definately not as nice....
    The regular proof in CAM if nice or DCAM is indistiguishable to my eyes from the so-called VIP issue.
    I have a couple unslabbed that look to be CAM or DCAM. A regular DCAM proof is toe my eyes identical with
    th

Not to steal topic but saw the 1965 Churchill in Satin Specimen 65 (PCGS no. 508440.65/20327163) and
    very nice! I copied the ref. number down - which is the part to look up on PCGS?
    Coin looked to be a 66 or 67 under good lighting and visibility!
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Only 4 graded in Proof 65 CAM none higher in a PCGS holder. As &j stated the sets banged around a lot and the big coins have marks, I have never seen a VIP issue but would love to compare them ....PCGS has none graded in DCAM

In US coins a 37 proof CAM in any denomination would be thousands.... So I thought it a fair price and as I am learning the World Coin Designs are far superior to the US stuff, love these things!
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC seems to have graded a few more; see www.ha.com auction archives.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    I picked this one up a few years ago. I find my British sensibilities struggle with this CAM, DCAM etc, to me it's just splitting hairs.