Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

1979 Cayman Proof Set, 1967 Israel Coin, 1984 Swiss Proof Set

1979 Cayman Islands Proof Set

Nice, original condition – coins have never been removed from their original box – some light hazing (not nearly as bad in-hand as what pics show... I took these in direct sunlight, and that is how they turned out) ... in any case, I suspect some hazing is typical given the holder there coins are in. Also included is the COA.

I bought this set as a young numismatist on a family trip to the Cayman Islands – along with everything else, included with the sale is my export document!

Anyhow, according Lord M (thanks again Lord M!) only about 4,410 of these sets were minted, and according to Krause, they contain: 2.7731 ounces of silver, as described as follows:

$5 - 1.0557 oz asw
$2 - .8758 oz asw
$1 - .5353 oz asw
$.50 - .3063 oz asw nearly 3oz of silver!

1967 Israel 5 Lirot - it is 90% silver & contains .7234 oz asw - diameter is 34 mm. Mintage 30,158. The coin celebrates the 19th anniversary of independence.

IMHO, it is a very beautiful, unusual coin – it has sort of a concave relief, and a very unique stylized design – in fact, the whole reason I bought this coin was for inspiration when I was a designer in the Artistic Infusion Program with the Mint.

Anyhow, I am cleaning house – and so here it is on the BST.

Totally mark-free - MS66+ at a minimum I would think, but I by no means know this series.

1984 Swiss Proof Set

I have had this since I was a YN – don’t really collect stuff like this anymore. Packaging is in like new condition, coins are pristine.

Make me an Offer!