Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

9/11 We will never forget...In honor of everyone who lost a loved one, relative, friend, or co-worke

We will never forget that day. Today is a day to honor all of those that lost their lives on that tragic day. God Bless everyone affected by this day.

God Bless the United States of America.

Post your thoughts, prayers, or remembrance.

We will never forget...
Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    A very tragic day for many people here on the east coast.

I still can't understand people who purposely want to harm others.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe we were all affected one way or another on that day. I still can't believe it's been 10 years already. I was in NYC early August and went down to ground zero. It was pretty emotional to be down there. Here are some pictures I took.

God Bless the USA!!!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was an awful day, of course the tragic loss of life, and from Philly I'm hearing our jet fighters overhead, and the news and rumors, and ya weren't sure when it was all gonna end. These mass murderers could have struck anywhere, and while it didn't happen, it could have been a Philly office building just as well. Also a revolting part is it wasn't like Pearl Harbor when we shot down a Japanese plane, it was a great event. If a passenger plane had to be shot down, we would still be killing many innocent people inside that plane.

I was saddened by the horrible loss of life, and still am today and always will be...but the extreme bravery from the courageous heros aboard Flight 93 was a bright spot on a dreary day, I think in a similar tone to the bravery shown at Pearl Harbor. Of course a difference is these were innocent civilians fighting back rather than trained soldiers...and gallantry such as that even from a group of civilians, gives me hope and pride that America can and will bounce back strong from any problems we are having today.

As far as the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, seeing that event live, I didn't realize while it was going on, but I was like in a state of shock...and I think most Americans were. The shock turned to tears and then to anger...and the lives lost at the Pentagon was tragic as well...and one thing for sure...we were all New Yorkers that day.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A day that changed the United States and the world forever, that day not only took the lives of the thousands of inocent people in New York but marked the death of thousands upon thousands of more civilians and US Troops who were given orders to fight this seemingly endless war on terror.

God Bless the United States!
  • Options
    bless the soul of every person whose final moment of life was cloaked in terror.

no one should have their ultimate fate be determined by the selfish act of another.

as much as we want to have control over our own lives, we must also introspect deeply about just what or who is the higher authority.

this is a terrible scar on humanity that will never go away, and humanity had plenty to go around already, but so many of those scars have been rendered invisible.
  • Options
    This day is always ruff for my wife's side of our family. In honor of their grandpa. My kids wrote notes to him and attached them to balloons. At 8:46 this morning they let them go up to heaven. Hard to believe 10 years has past. Seeing the towers burning and falling brings it all back like it happened yesterday.

Life is very fragile and precious. Hug you loved ones today and every day.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    As with everyone else, I remember exactly where I was that day and what I was doing when the first plane hit the World Trade Center. I also can't believe its been 10 years since that tragic event. I knew many people that worked at the World Financial Center which was damaged during the collapse of the World Trade Center and I thank God that the collapse didn't result in even more loss of life.

Nothing will ever make what happened any better for those who lost loved ones, but hopefully by remembering we honor their memory and help ease their pain. To the firefighters, police, EMT's, and especially the passengers of Flight 93 who saved countless lives through their brave actions my eternal thanks. My brother is an NYPD officer and I am thankful he wasn't working that fateful day. He did get called in that evening and worked long, long hours down at ground zero during the aftermath which I'm sure was very difficult and to this day we've never talked about what he saw and experienced.

My prayer is that this tragedy is never repeated and no one else needs to go through the pain of that fateful day again. Here's to everyone on this day. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    We all lost something that day. I lost my love for people around the world. As much as I want to try to forgive and forget, I will never be able to get the images of New York City and the pain and suffering of all of those innocent people, followed by the videos of cities in the Middle East celebrating in jubilation of what was done. Probably not PC on my part, but those images have influenced my opinions on people for ten years now.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I was in town today to see the memorial parade. I will never forget that day and I don't care what my liberal friends say, I will never forgive either. As that the towers fell, I wished I was back in the USMC again. I felt that same way today.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its one of those days you will never forget. I pulled out some pics my wife, (girlfriend at the time) and I took on one of our trips to New York city. Some pics from inside the towers and some of the towers as we entered Battery park on the Ferry. It sends a chill up my spine looking at them.
    God Bless all of the victims who perished on 9/11. You will never be forgotten!
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I stii can't believe that 10 years have past.
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Bump for remembrance; lets not forget...thread from last year...
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Is it me or does it feel like this day is passing with barely a whisper?

What I remember most about 9/11 was how unified we were as a country. A sense of togetherness. There were no Democrats or Republicans. We were truly the UNITED States of America. Eleven years later, it feels like we've never been more divided. I hope we get back to that sense of unity without the need for tragedy
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying a prayer for all those we lost.

As a tribute, here's a link to a CU forum thread that was posted as the tragedy was unfolding.

9/11/2001
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    9-11-01:

I was living in Brooklyn (Cobble Hill), just across the river. I could see the Twin Towers from my bedroom. That morning, I went to vote at the local public school (it was a mayoral primary) and while I was waiting in line to vote, two people behind me were talking about a plane that hit the WTC. My grandfather once told me how a plane hit the Empire State Building -- a little two-seater -- so, for some reason, that's what I imagined.

When I left the school, a second plane had hit. People were huddled around a car, listening to the news. The wind was blowing East and the man on the radio said, "a cloud of black smoke was stretching over to Brooklyn." I looked up, and there it was. They talked about how flames were flying out of the sides of the Towers. As for me, well, I'm a New Yorker. I've got a deadline and clients who are going to be expecting work. So what do I do? Head for the subway to get to work. My apartment was on the way to the subway, and I don't know why, but I ran upstairs to see the Towers on fire.

I waited and waited and waited for an 'F' train, but after sometime an announcement came over the speakers -- THERE IS NO SUBWAY SERVICE TO MANHATTAN ... REPEAT ... THERE IS NO SUBWAY SERVICE TO MANHATTAN. I emerge from the subway and a crowd was on the corner. One man said, 'did you hear?' Hear what, I asked? One of the Towers fell. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to make of it and wasn't really sure I believed him. (Side note: after the Rodney King verdict and the LA riots, NYC was awash in rumors how Times Square was taken over, etc. The truth, not even a window was broken during that time).

I walked back to my apartment and called my NEW fiance -- just days before (9.5.01), while walking home over the Brooklyn Bridge, I asked her to marry me. I am dialing her number and turning on the TV at the same time. She is screaming at me, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? and I'm looking at just one tower on TV and asking WHAT IS GOING ON? We repeat those questions 3-4-5 times. Apparently, she's been trying to reach me all morning, wondering if I'm trapped underground. She works in midtown and everyone in her office is watching the TV in the conference room. While on the phone with her, Tower 2 falls. There are screams from her co-workers I will never forget.

Days later, I found some burnt papers on my stoop (still have them) that had floated down from the sky. I once heard that papers where found as far out as Marine Park (if anyone knows Brooklyn).

Like many people who lived here, I lost people I knew. Canton Fitzgerald was one of my clients and would go to there offices on the 105th floor every few weeks. I still have my WTC ID-card.

-- Gregg