Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Pickup - Pujols Chrome RC Auto

I don't normally post here since modern isn't hugely en vogue here, but thought this would be appreciated. Had to liquidate a bit (including a Tom Brady Contenders auto), but worth it.
Pete
Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful card, congrats! It looks like you got a good deal on it, too; going for the 8.5 rather than the 9 saved you $1k.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Yeah great pickup, that's a big card, and will be even bigger some day!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful card, congrats! It looks like you got a good deal on it, too; going for the 8.5 rather than the 9 saved you $1k. >>

Yeah - that and the sgc case really kept my cost down for sure. Centering is pretty nice and the card is clean - should be a straight cross easily enough.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Very nice image
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pujols is the devil. He claims he loves God and says he doesn't do PED's, but we know better around here. We are on to you, Albert. You will get caught one day.

By the way, super pickup. I don't know that I wouldn't bust it out and try PSA. You might get a 9. That is one card I don't have, but would love to have someday.

Shane

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Beautiful card, congrats! It looks like you got a good deal on it, too; going for the 8.5 rather than the 9 saved you $1k. >>

Yeah - that and the sgc case really kept my cost down for sure. Centering is pretty nice and the card is clean - should be a straight cross easily enough. >>

Pete... nice card. Careful on the cross though, there isn't much blue bordering on the top... maybe 65/35 T/B at best. PSA has been tough on that card, mostly because of centering. Would probably only cross at most to an 8. I'd keep it in that holder, personally, but could be worth at least a review.

Really tough call. I think a crack & sub could get you an 8, 8.5, or maybe even a 9 depending on the grader that picks it up. A review though, I'm thinking 8 at best.
  • Options

<< <i>Pete... nice card. Careful on the cross though, there isn't much blue bordering on the top... maybe 65/35 T/B at best. PSA has been tough on that card, mostly because of centering. Would probably only cross at most to an 8. I'd keep it in that holder, personally, but could be worth at least a review.

Really tough call. I think a crack & sub could get you an 8, 8.5, or maybe even a 9 depending on the grader that picks it up. A review though, I'm thinking 8 at best. >>

I wouldn't crack, but I'm not concerned about the t/b centering keeping from a straight cross or even a .5 bump. This seems common for 9s even (dont think my centering is better, but it ain't much worse either).
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Burke, Congrats on Pulling the trigger!

VERY NICE INDEED
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I want one of those. Nice score! image
  • Options
    Wow - old bump. Thanks, gents. This is at PSA now (guess how many times that page has been refreshed since it was logged a week ago on a 10 day sub?). Will see how long I hold it. Got a great price, and moving out of baseball so he may have a short stay in the Martin household image