pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Are we ready for some football?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im Ready!

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    three straight playoff game losses is making me think BB forgot how to coach a playoff game. Three straight times he has come out with a game plan (if it could be called that) that was totally different from the game plan that brought success during the regular season. Three straight stinkers. Too bad we won't know if this year will be any different until we see it in January.
  • Options
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice start to a spectacular regular season. On pace for 8,200 passing yards!
  • Options
    Passing for 4 touchdowns and 517 yards, are you kidding me? Wow!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Should have been more. The two (really big) dropped passes by Slater and Branch would have pushed the total yardard pass 600+.

Also, that pick should not have happened. Branch missed the block on that one.

That said, I thought Henne did pretty good as well. Certainly better than expected.
  • Options

<< <i>Should have been more. The two (really big) dropped passes by Slater and Branch would have pushed the total yardard pass 600+.

Also, that pick should not have happened. Branch missed the block on that one.

That said, I thought Henne did pretty good as well. Certainly better than expected. >>

Dolphin fans will certainly not be clamoring for Orton anymore.
  • Options
    lost in the shuffle, but important for next week and beyond:

-pass defense was not good at all. BB will no doubt work on that.
    -Dan Koppen is out for a while and there are relative "newbies" on the right side of the line. Can they play well enough?
    -Brady is unstoppable when he is given all day to find the open guy. Not every team will provide that luxury.
  • Options

<< <i>lost in the shuffle, but important for next week and beyond:

-pass defense was not good at all. BB will no doubt work on that.
    -Dan Koppen is out for a while and there are relative "newbies" on the right side of the line. Can they play well enough?
    -Brady is unstoppable when he is given all day to find the open guy. Not every team will provide that luxury. >>

offensive line did well today. Pass defense OK, still needs some help
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Gotta love having Brady as a fantasy QB.
  • Options

We need somebody that can get to the other quarterback.

He had a free pass all day today.

Brady was great again with over 400 yards passing.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I still can't get over Wilkfork's interception. That' a lot of beef rumbling down the field.

• Options

It's a wonder he didn't cause an earthquake when he hit the ground!
  • Options
    He runs faster than Big Papi!
  • Options
    Disappointing loss to Buffalo, but that streak had to come to an end sometime.
  • Options
    Tough loss this past Sunday, I dont blame Brady for those picks ( At least all of them )

Lets get focused on a tough Oakland team
  • Options
    Go Pats! Let's sink that hideous Red Sox thread!!
  • Options

Wilfork does it again as Pats roll.
  • Options

<< <i>Wilfork does it again as Pats roll. >>

Yes, nice win on the road over an improved Raiders team.
  • Options

Great game today with the Pats scoring 30 points again.
  • Options

<< <i>Great game today with the Pats scoring 30 points again. >>

it was an ok game. Special teams did not play too well, receivers dropped too many catchable balls, and Brady is still having accuracy problems on deep throws. The secondary got off easily with the Jets receivers dropping way too many passes or Sanchez just missing wide open guys. Pats sure did stuff the run, but I don't think the type of performance turned in yesterday beats the Packers.
  • Options
    The game meant nothing to me as far as pumping my fist about beating the hated Jets, I will save that for if and when we win another playoff game!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I just knew Brady was going to stick it in the end-zone at the end of the game. He's too good and it was Dallas. We have been losing games like that for years so I'm not surprised.

I will say this though. The Cowboys three conservative running plays with only 3ish minutes left were their downfall today. I know their goal was to burn time and to get the Pats to use their timouts but the running game was crap today. The should have stuck with some high percentage passes and possibly would have converted a 3rd down or two. I can't help but think that Garrett's play calling on the last drive was influenced by Jerry Jones' comments after the Lions game.

Oh well, we suck. Congrats on the win Pats fans.
  • Options

<< <i>I just knew Brady was going to stick it in the end-zone at the end of the game. He's too good and it was Dallas. We have been losing games like that for years so I'm not surprised.

I will say this though. The Cowboys three conservative running plays with only 3ish minutes left were their downfall today. I know their goal was to burn time and to get the Pats to use their timouts but the running game was crap today. The should have stuck with some high percentage passes and possibly would have converted a 3rd down or two. I can't help but think that Garrett's play calling on the last drive was influenced by Jerry Jones' comments after the Lions game.

Oh well, we suck. Congrats on the win Pats fans. >>

Hi Matt image

Bottom line it was a great game, could have gone either way especially since you guys had Brady frazzled most of the game I thought.

But your right you cant give Brady an opportunity to beat ya but again very close game.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the bad play selection by Dallas on that last possession, but the dropped passes and drive killing holding calls bothered me more.

I'll give Brady credit. He did what he had to do to get the win. That winning TD was thrown exactly where it had to be. Dallas had a defender right there and couldn't stop it. They made the plays.....they won!
  • Options
    Awful game today, Pittsburgh owned us throughout most of the game. I thought we would come on strong after the bye week but not what happened image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sucked, really. Looked to me like a lot was missing, besides points.
  • Options
    reminded me of the team's performance (or lack thereof) in its last three playoff games.
  • Options

I don't see a super bowl team here. They sucked! I went back to playing pogo, they were so bad.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Awful game today, Pittsburgh owned us throughout most of the game. I thought we would come on strong after the bye week but not what happened image >>

After the way the Patriots have owned the Steelers since Brady took over, this game was definitely healing for us Steeler fans. It doesn't make up for the two AFCC game losses but it's a start.
  • Options
    The Patriots sure waited too long to wake up yesterday. They looked pathetic in the first half.
  • Options
    The Pats are not that good is what Im figuring out image
  • Options

<< <i>The Pats are not that good is what Im figuring out image >>

this is the correct answer! And it's too late to join the "suck for Luck" quest
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manning showed me something yesterday...he makes some bad decisions (the pick deep in NE territory when they had a sure FG to go up by two scores), but he can sure make the plays when he needs to and shows great poise.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

The Giants show that Brady is just an ordinary QB when he is lying flat on his back.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

Hanesworth is gone , can Chad be far behind? He has done nothing right since they got him.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<The Giants show that Brady is just an ordinary QB when he is lying flat on his back. >>>

I haven't seen a QB yet that plays well lying on his back. He's still the 2nd best QB in the league.

The Patriots have developed into Manning's Colts and Marino's Dolphins. They need Brady to play virtually flawless football to win. Just like Manning, he's good enough to do that 10-12 times per season, but there will be a couple of clunkers and the rest of the team (read: defense) isn't good enough to pick up the slack.

So, they will go to win 11 games this year, and get bounced in the wild card or divisional round (again)....
  • Options

<< <i>Hanesworth is gone , can Chad be far behind? He has done nothing right since they got him. >>

Definately a step in the right direction getting rid of that scumbag!

This team has absolutely shot themselves in the foot not addressing the horrible Defense! I mean attempting to shore up the line up with Haynsworth and his thug mentality and horrible work ethic??? They should have known better as this guy is the complete opposite of what the Kraft family wants in their house..

Chad Ocho Cinco just does not fit in to our offense, he is either completely dumb and cant figure out the play book or he is lost all his skills, and the bottom line Brady has zero trust in him. Branch is straight up horrible and there is only so much of a pounding poor Welker can continue to take, so we got scat backs out of the backfield and 2 Tight Ends as playmakers which equal 1 and done again in the playoffs more than likely.

The Bottom line Bellichek is to blame for not putting together a better group and not giving Brady a better chance at success while he still has gas left in the tank, its a complete shame.
  • Options
    I am still optimistic. I agree they finish 11-5, but I think they will make it to the AFC championship game and possibly the superbowl -- they already have proven they can beat the Jets and Ravens, and they will be motivated by low playoff expectations and criticism. Look at it is this way -- they are 5-3 (and could easily be 7-1) with a sh*tty defense and 4 Brady clunkers - the defense can only get better, and I suspect Brady has only one clunker left in him the rest of the way.
  • Options
    Man Im just not feeling it I think this team is on the verge of a Red Sox scenario where we need to completely revamp the team, Brady has maybe 3 years left of being a Super Bowl calibre QB and that might be a stretch. This team needs a completely new Defense from A-Z and a big play WR, the WR is managable but the Defense not so much. Im not a believer anymore in that Bellichek and Brady can get to the Super Bowl with what they are given to work with.
  • Options
    I am pleasantly suprised and a bit shocked we beat the Jets last night, Im hoping this is a momentum builder for us going forward, Gronkowski is a BEAST btw image
  • Options

<< <i>I am still optimistic. I agree they finish 11-5, but I think they will make it to the AFC championship game and possibly the superbowl -- they already have proven they can beat the Jets and Ravens, and they will be motivated by low playoff expectations and criticism. Look at it is this way -- they are 5-3 (and could easily be 7-1) with a sh*tty defense and 4 Brady clunkers - the defense can only get better, and I suspect Brady has only one clunker left in him the rest of the way. >>

I change my prediction to 12-4 --- I did not realize how easy the Patriots' remaining schedule is. They might lose to the Eagles (yeah their record sucks, but they probably the toughest team left on their schedule).
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am still optimistic. I agree they finish 11-5, but I think they will make it to the AFC championship game and possibly the superbowl -- they already have proven they can beat the Jets and Ravens, and they will be motivated by low playoff expectations and criticism. Look at it is this way -- they are 5-3 (and could easily be 7-1) with a sh*tty defense and 4 Brady clunkers - the defense can only get better, and I suspect Brady has only one clunker left in him the rest of the way. >>

I change my prediction to 12-4 --- I did not realize how easy the Patriots' remaining schedule is. They might lose to the Eagles (yeah their record sucks, but they probably the toughest team left on their schedule). >>

They will coast into the Playoffs without question, what concerns me is which team will be showing up to play.
  • Options
    Wow, that was a great game.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Who are these fish you're squishing? I see the Patriot squishing a mammal but where are these fish you speak of?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    They are doing fairly well in spite of all the injuries.
  • Options
    Im happy to see them playing better than I thought they would be. Welker looked good and we were able to win without Gronk doing it which is good
  • Options
    Pats will now finish the reg. season 13-3 as the rest of their schedule is full of cupcakes.

Let's hope they finish the year at 16-3 image
  • Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

I was shocked, they even rested Brady and his tennis elbow in the 4th quarter.