Home Sports Talk
Options

Indians are done. Put a fork in 'em

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
I hate the old cliche about must win crap....but the Detroit series was just that. They had to win it to have any hope at all.

Detroit is CLEARLY superior and I will now be hoping they win it all, since they are in our division.

It was a fun ride for much of the season though. Injuries KILLED us.

Any predictions on next year?

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indians got off to a great start . They were better than expectations by a mile. Injuries took their toll and they became an under .500 team. Fans hopeful for next year. Next year fans will expect a contender and will be dissapointed as Indians once again fall far behind early. Manager will get vote of confidence after season is half over and be fired the day after the season ends. I'm not a Debbie Downer. Just a realist. I've been an Indian fan for over 60 years and know what to expect.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i> I've been an Indian fan for over 60 years and know what to expect. >>

Wow Ralph, you are really oldimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyday this season while the Tribe was in first place, everyone would say "it's early yet, we'll find a way to screw it up". Well... we did. This Ubaldo Jimenez crap took the cake. This isn't the same Jimenez from 2010, and the Rockies knew it. Of course he's the least of our problems this year, but that certainly didn't help. Oh well... Cleveland's moto: "Wait 'til next year"
  • Options
    I still believe Cleveland will finish ahead of the Sox. Sox just don't know how to keep it together. Thoroughly enjoyed playing CLE this season, win or lose, and they will be a true force next season. They were just too young and inexperienced this season, and my Tigers are actually playing like they wanna win this season.... The real shame is that no matter how exciting the Indians games were to watch, the attendance was still low. I think more Tiger fans show up in those series than Tribe fans... They go out and buy themselves an ace (NOT Ubaldo), coupled with Tomlin and Masterson, and they will be a FORCE!!!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Ubaldo has looked decent at home but that doesn't cut it. I will say that he is VERY cordial with the fans. He has signed each time I've been there on the home side of the field and he signs for everyone. His problem might be more mental than anything.

Valbeuna needs to go. Jerod Head needs to go. I will also be bold and state that Sizemore and Hafner need to go and that money should be used to sign a truly GOOD DURABLE player.

I was at the game today and watched that toad Cabrerra run from 1st to 3rd on that ground rule double. My God he's in TERRIBLE shape. We were seated by the home dugout in the 4th row and my wife pointed out that he was gasping for air and about to fall over. He actually looks fatter in person.

I've always enjoyed how the stars that we give up always come home to haunt us a la Victor Martinez who won 2 games with 2 swings of his bat this week.....

• Options
    Our Tigers have blown it in the past (2009), so there's still hope for Chicago and Cleveland. Of course, I hope the Tigers don't collapse again.

Victor Martinez is a Godsend for our team.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    We are all Kipnisses! image
  • Options
    "watched that toad Cabrerra run from 1st to 3rd on that ground rule double. My God he's in TERRIBLE shape. We were seated by the home dugout in the 4th row and my wife pointed out that he was gasping for air and about to fall over."

Assuming you are speaking of Miguel. Yeah, good thing they don't pay him to run, just mash.....
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    You know, it's not over yet (mathematically). Don't ever give up until you're mathematically out. Just ask the 1964 Cardinals and the 2007 Phillies.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Don't we know it?!?!

Sincerely,

The 2009 Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    Yea, Miguel Cabrerra can keep on chugging litres of Scotch and threatening to kill anyone he wants as long as he gets us to a World Series....
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    You guys need Willie Mays Hays

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan