Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question on possible PSA mistake.

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there! Please help me if you can. Recently sent in my first ever submission. Two of the items were Topps scratch-offs, one with white background the other with red. From what I have read (TOPPS INSERT, TEST AND SUPPLEMENTAL BASEBALL ISSUES 1949-1980 by David Hornish) the white background is 1970 the red 1971. Grades popped, and they list them both as 1970's (a "5" and a "6", hoping for "7's"). PSA still has cards.

Two questions; 1, am I identifying these issues correctly? 2, if I am correct, should I contact PSA now, or should I resubmit the card after it comes back?

Thanks in advance for any help.image

Joe
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    Can't help with what year is correct, but it is worth trying to catch them before they ship to get them fixed if they are wrong. I have done it and it saves the hassle of sending back in and waiting again.
  • Options
    Thank you!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Here is the information for those two years from the 2010 Standard Cataglog of Baseball Cards:

1970 Topps Scratch Offs:

Not having given up on the idea of a game which could be played with baseball cards, Topps provided a new game - the baseball scratch-off - in 1970. Unfolded, cards measure
    3-3/8" x 5", and reveal a baseball game played by rubbing the black ink off playing squares to determine the “action.” Fronts have a player picture as “captain,” while backs have
    instructions and a scoreboard. Inserts with white centers are from 1970 while those with red centers are from 1971.

1971 Topps Scratch Offs:

For a second year in 1971, Topps continued its scratchoff baseball card game with the same checklist of 24 players from the previous year. Unfolded, cards measure 3-3/8" x
    5", and reveal a baseball game played by rubbing the black ink off squares to determine the “action.” Fronts of the cards have a player picture as “captain,” while backs have instructions and a scoreboard. Inserts with white centers are from 1970 while those with red centers are from 1971.

I hope this helps!
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    You guys are the BEST!!!

Joe