Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Old Flips

So I crack out a fair number of hof rookie cards out of slabs. I have a box with on the order of 200 flips. Am I suppose to report to PSA/SGC/BVG that these are no longer in circulation?

If I just throw these away (I'm assuming other people might), do you think there's a major impact on population reports? It seems like people probably crack a lot of 7,8,9 type grades in hopes of upgrades. A lot of times I read on these forums about people resubbin 10 cards in hope of hitting one grade bump. Seems to me like that means there's the potential to have a significantly higher population reported than actually exists in circulation.

Comments

• Options
    After your new grades pop report the old flips for removal....
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I keep them in a little bag and mail them in once/year with the hope that they actually get deleted. I always wonder if I'm wasting a stamp on some receptionist who doesn't want to be bothered and just throws them away.
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always check the pop's of the card flips I return, and PSA always follows through with deleting the cert#. Always a good idea to keep the pop report as accurate as we can. Not saying it is perfect by any means, but it helps if we return flips.

BGS, on the other hand, just returns them to you. They don't bother with it.

-Nathanael