Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jswieton's August 2011 PSA/DNA red flip poppage (SCANS ADDED)

1 18594416 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1959 TOPPS 155 JIM TAYLOR PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US (I figured it was a 4 with a shot at a 5)
2 1 18594417 NEAR MINT 7 1972 TOPPS 200 ROGER STAUBACH PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US image (PSA 6 crackout)
3 1 18594418 NEAR MINT 7 1972 TOPPS 13 JOHN RIGGINS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US image (PSA 8 crackout, no big deal since there isn't much price difference between a 7 and an 8)
4 1 18594419 NEAR MINT 7 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 153 MIKE TYSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US image (picked up raw last year for around $30)
5 1 18594420 N9: NOT GRADED NO SPEC INFO, NO GRADE VOUCHER Card US (1986 Question of Sport Mike Tyson... I will just resub with a blue flip at some point in the future)
6 1 18594421 MINT 9 1986 FLEER 82 AKEEM OLAJUWON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US image (Picked up raw on ebay a week before the signing for $28)
7 1 18594422 N4: QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY 1979 O-PEE-CHEE 18 WAYNE GRETZKY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED

This was the first sub I have sent in to PSA this year. I am happy with the outcome of my sub for the most part. Even though I know the Gretzky is authentic, I had a feeling it was going to get rejected since it was a crappy signature signed at a charity golf outing. I figured it was worth a try. I will probably refrain from getting anymore cards signed at these charity events. I seem to get burned more times than not in one way or another. Even though I often complain about the outrageous fees the athletes charge at shows. At least you know you are going to get a decent signature, and your card isn't going to get damaged by some idiot pushing and shoving to get an autograph.

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Seems your suspicion n PSA rejecting the Gretzky was correct John. Sorry to see it. Nice job otherwise.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff

I also had them reject my in person golf course Gretzky sig on a rookie before so you are not alone. At least it's consistent. image

Mike

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Great sub.

The Tyson graded better than mine and should me the highest graded. That Olajuwon is fantastic!!! That must be a pop 1 or very few graded too. Staubach is nice as well.

Thanks for sharing.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    John you paid full price for the sub... couldn't wait for the next special image
  • Options
    looks like the $10 special is back this month... my cc is going to get a work out with this special!
  • Options
    Nice John, Fantastic return on that Tyson!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>John you paid full price for the sub... couldn't wait for the next special image >>

I know, I was kicking myself in the butt when I saw that. I was trying to be patient and I just couldn't wait any longer.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats on the slabs John. Kinda sucks about the Gretzky though.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I got my cards back today and figured I would post some pics since I had to scan most of them for my registry set anyway. I will probably sub the 86 Question of Sport Tyson to BGS/JSA since they will grade and authenticate the card. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed about the Gretzky since I know it's legit but I can completely understand why PSA couldn't authenticate it. I will probably buy a nicer looking card and send it into his foundation to get signed next year. Hopefully I can sell this one at some point to help recoup some of the money I spent on it.