Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bought a collection last week

Lincoln cent coins DDR DDO Wavy steps and Die Trails.

The trail dies I get everything else Im lost on. I would say I have a good 4-500 coins here they are labeled mostly. A few are not. But the non listed DDR DDO coins I dont know what to look for. and some of the cataloged I still dont see it.

Anyone here know this stuff?
Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show big beautiful photos of everything and we will provide the answers! image

Cherrypickers' Guide is also helpful in addition to any Lincoln variety books out there...
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    This link may be helpful.
    Dan
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy Kevin Lynn's book: the authoritative reference on Lincoln cents. If its not in there, its probably too minor.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Die trials" is one of those phrases that means different things to different people. Can you post a few pics?
  • Options
    Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    i think he means DIE TRAILS
  • Options

<< <i>Buy Kevin Lynn's book: the authoritative reference on Lincoln cents. If its not in there, its probably too minor. >>

How about Kevin Flynns book instead ?
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I think that coppercoins.com for the DDO/DDRs (assuming they're cents) and traildies.com for the trail dies are your best bets.
    There are some good books but most of the listed stuff worth attention will also be on coppercoins, the CPG only covers the big varieties. There's about 100 doubled die cents in the CPG but almost all of them plus thousands of other varieties are on coppercoins and it has better photos and markers.

If you have a bunch of really minor stuff it might not be worth messing with or they might not all be listed/list-able varieties.
    I'd start by splitting off the trail dies and ID them using the website.
    Then verify all the marked DDO/DDRs against what the person marked on the flips and split off the ones you can verify based on the listed markers and descriptions.

Out of what's left if you see something unlisted you might try sending it to Coneca if you think it's worthy of a listing.

You might wind up with a bunch of junk that the person saved that's not really worth anything to you. They might be very minor or strike related worthless stuff. I'd put em aside in case you want to look again someday but some of em might end up as pocket change.

So what's the best stuff you found so far?

Ed
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Die trials" is one of those phrases that means different things to different people. Can you post a few pics? >>

Here is a strong trail
    1994 - 045
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file