Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay nuke/report

stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
How nice, he offers free shipping all the world!

Link

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not into those type of coins...

but is it counterfeit?

seller: bers44
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a high grade proof 1803 dollar. I wonder what site he stole those pics from?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a high grade proof 1803 dollar. I wonder what site he stole those pics from?image >>

Yeah, it's either a fake or a PRCAM stolen image. If it's real it is an easy mid 6 figure coin. Nothing suspicious here.... nothing at all.

However, someone will have to show me which. I don't know the series. proof and 1803 yadda yadda yadda didn't turn up the picture in google.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I'll bid on it just so I'll know when it get's pulled.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure who owns it, but here's the image: linky
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool.... I'm in for $20. LOL

Had to raise my max bid to $25
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    That isn't the only one:

1795 Dollar

My hunch is that the guy actually has the coins, except they're China fakes.

PS to clarify: Not the coins pictured, those are stolen images.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>That isn't the only one:

1795 Dollar

Russ, NCNE >>

Well Dang! Thats a violation right there! I mean, even if its a fake he's gotta show a acur-it pit-chure of it! image

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That isn't the only one:

1795 Dollar

Russ, NCNE >>

Well Dang! Thats a violation right there! I mean, even if its a fake he's gotta show a acur-it pit-chure of it! image >>

Big problem is the auction is Canadian and fakes are not allowed up there for their coins so why ours?
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job Jeremy, that clearly is the same pic, stolen probably.
    My main problem, six digit high grade PR Bust dollar, being sold raw.
    The desrciption looks like a copy n paste too.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used ebay's messaging system to contact the seller. Boy, he's sure French speaking!! But he does in
    fact have an 1803 dollar. Just that it's a fake and an obvious one at that. So, I did let him know, in English,
    and I hope he can translate and understand and take the auction down. He sent me a pic of it in his hand.
    It's a slug and well worn slug at that.
    Tried to copy the image and paste but can't seem to find out how I can do that.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    look at what he bought in the adult section on email

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220769065792
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>look at what he bought in the adult section on email

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220769065792 >>

So he doesn't just do it figuratively, but also literally.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    some dicey purchases from Hong Kong

recently sold a bunch of tools too image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported. image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

<< <i>I used ebay's messaging system to contact the seller. Boy, he's sure French speaking!! But he does in
    fact have an 1803 dollar. Just that it's a fake and an obvious one at that. So, I did let him know, in English,
    and I hope he can translate and understand and take the auction down. He sent me a pic of it in his hand.
    It's a slug and well worn slug at that.
    Tried to copy the image and paste but can't seem to find out how I can do that.

bobimage >>

Ahhh.

So it appears that since he can't take or upload his own picture he did the next best thing, used someone elses?

No matter, the listing was just ended.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the seller ended the sale early. i guess its not available and just as well.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a reply after I asked him if what he is doing is illegal in Canada, because it sure is in the U.S. And I told him I was reporting him to eBay.

He replied by asking what I was talking about.
    So I told him where he stole his pictures from, and asked him if he was actually selling fake coins.
    When in doubt, don't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file