Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm sure your all familiar with Wife Swap?

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just resold an item to another member that each of us has now owned twice in the last 3 years image

Has anyone else played Coin Swap image
To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    Yep several times.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Why would I want something I got rid of once before? Wait, are we talking about wives of coins? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    I sold a member a franklin back in 2009 when I was fairly new to collecting. I recently reacquired the same coin from that member. It's cool to have, but now knowing what I know, the bell on the reverse has been harshly wiped, but it belongs with us because it was my son's first coin that we sold in a tough spot. It's in an old anacs holder.
  • Options
    The guy down the road does wife swapping and he is a coin dealer and i mean the real wife
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're quite inbred on the Darkside. Especially coins that have gone between ajaan, Aethelred, and I (and sometimes back again).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>We're quite inbred on the Darkside. >>

No wonder you guys are always trying to lure in new blood with cookies! imageimage
  • Options
    I swap you my wife for an 1948-P, FS, MS-66 Jefferson Nickel. Wait, I'm not married, never mind...

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options

<< <i>I swap you my wife for an 1948-P, FS, MS-66 Jefferson Nickel. Wait, I'm not married, never mind... >>

I see this thread is taking a detour! imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I swap you my wife for an 1948-P, FS, MS-66 Jefferson Nickel. Wait, I'm not married, never mind... >>

I see this thread is taking a detour! imageimage >>

I'm sorry Mr. Broadstruck Sir, I forgot myself for a moment.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boiler78 and I have done so several times - and we've travelled together with our wives. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    I oft it for a swappy/trade combo pack thingy sort of set up deal and now I own it again, thats my excuse and i'm sticking with it image Now for those who have stated they have owned the same coin multiple times, whats your excuse? image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your longtime speciality-type dealers resell stuff all the time. "Old friends" they call them.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this with a pair of Twenties back during the original boom ('79-'80)....
    A friend stopped by and pulled a sharp Liberty and Saint, both in Capitol holders, out of a small pencil case type bag. They were nice and I asked for a price.....
    IIRC they were around 17 hundred for the pair. I bought them.
    A week later he asks if I still have them, I get out the coins. He says, "Yes, these sure are nice, how much ?"
    I add a hundred and he buys them.
    A week or so later, he stops by and I inquire about the coins.......Out comes the pencil case and the coins.......I ask him how much and he adds a hundred.
    I buy them again......Days later I show someone else and they buy them......
    The original owner shows up some time later and inquires about the coins. I let him know that I sold them to someone else.
    "How could you ?", "We were making so much money on those coins !".............
  • Options
    I swapped my ex-wife for a 68 Camaro!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread got me thinking of coin shop names. Here are a few.

1) Ying Yang Coin Swap Co.
    2) 1 Coin 2 Dicker 4
    3) Yo-Yo Numismatics
    4) Boomerang Orbs and Stuff
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread got me thinking of coin shop names. Here are a few.

1) Ying Yang Coin Swap Co.
    2) 1 Coin 2 Dicker 4
    3) Yo-Yo Numismatics
    4) Boomerang Orbs and Stuff >>

This would make a great name for coin shop;
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"How could you ?", "We were making so much money on those coins !"............. >>

lol you win the thread!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file