Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2012 Topps, What do you think??

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    The card design seems to look a lot like this year's Topps.

Regardless of how we like the look or the inserts, though, the past few years of Topps Baseball have seen Series I rise significantly in price over time, and I expect that trend to continue.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    the best recent set was 07 with the black borders. They've been white bordered for 5 years in a row now (doubtless because of their parallel pyramid) but I wish they would change it up every 2 years. Every design from the past 5 years blends together. If you have to do all white, maybe go for a full horizontal set or something.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    they should print the backs on the front and the fronts on the back one of these years too
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Not sure I like the set. I am kind of tired of the white boarders. Would have been a nice change if they had a colored boarder this time around.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Just OK, will prolly pass on boxes and buy a couple of sets. Come on Topps, every year we anticipate a set that improves on previous sets. Maybe I'm just getting to old to enjoy this hobby.image
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I think I'm glad I only have to worry about a team set rather than parallels for a player.
  • Options
    etopps V2.1
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    NOTTA!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    It's ok. Actually, they've been ok for a few years now. I just have no enthusiasm. I don't go after chase cards, so what I end up doing every year is buying a pack or two to check them out and then buy a complete set at Target for $50 or so at the end of the year.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Yawn.

Autographed Gold Coin Cards (10 cards, /5) will see the coins actually made and put on a card, autographed by a player on the featured team.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.