Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERNS

Hey all ... Was on a cruise to Bermuda (mom and dad treated all 6 of us) since last Sunday. THAT is why I have not posted in 10 days ... I think 10 MINUTES is the longest I have gone without posting in the past year! LOL

Yes, IRENE caused a bit of trouble with the ship, but we got back safely, even if it was a day later than scheduled. When we arrived home yesterday morning we realized our entire town had NO ELECTRIC! Had a lot of downed trees and wires in my neighborhood, but luckily not much damage. We had no damage, although it will take me a couple of days to clean up the yard from the branches that fell. (Damn, they are SO much bigger when they hit the ground.)

I am at a friend's reviewing all my emails. I will not be back on until the power is back in my neighborhood. HOPEFULLY that will be soon!

I hope that everyone else is doing well.

Lata guys!
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Glad you and your family are safe Doug, and you had no damage. See ya soon.
  • Envious! Family trips are THE BEST!
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    A Bermuda cruise has been a dream of mine. I'm glad you and your family and property are okay.

Take Care,
    Mickey71
  • Doug,

Glad to hear evrything is OK!!

<< <i>Envious! Family trips are THE BEST! >>

Yes they are, Trip usually settles which Brother/Uncle/Aunt/Sister/Cousin...ect. can get the Drunkest and make the biggest A$$ of themselves, at least for that year !!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Doug good to hear you had a great time. No power just sucks. Hope it comes back on soon. PM me when your back home.

Take care,

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Doug, great to hear you and the family are ok. I think I speak for all of us board members on the other coast, but we really worry about are extended family board members during the hurricanes.

Be good,

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hey Doug,

Glad you enjoyed the cruise with the family. I figured you were out as we only got power back at 4:45pm yesterday thanks to some out of state crews from Iowa and Missouri. Considering the number of trees and power lines down a day and a half was not too bad. Hopefully they will have you up and running soon.

We could always meet up at Wild Wings for the food and drinks. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • doug,
    glad you are safe....
    great news

rick
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    you were gone? image

<< <i>you were gone? image >>

I thought Doug might have been under that tarp. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Welcome home, now don't go away anymore, look what happened! Lol

Now come clean up the tree that fell into my yard, ok? image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Right now we are without power at the house. It keeps going on and off throughout the last couple of days. Good thing work has power or I would be going out of my mind.

<< <i>Right now we are without power at the house. It keeps going on and off throughout the last couple of days. Good thing work has power or I would be going out of my mind. >>

I hear you. I was glad to go to work yesterday just to get on the internet and find out what was up. Usually I give this to Doug, but I think you need it way more... image

Collecting:
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that had to be scary as yell out there on a ship with the hurricane in play, and ya never know what exact direction the dam thing might take or exactly how powerful it could get.

Glad to hear you and the fam made it back safe and sound. image
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, that had to be scary as yell out there on a ship with the hurricane in play, and ya never know what exact direction the dam thing might take or exactly how powerful it could get.

Glad to hear you and the fam made it back safe and sound. image >>

+1
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    I wonder if you were in the "infamous" Bermuda Triangle at the time? If you were, that had to make it even scarier with all those stories about ships and such disappearing in the Bermuda Triangle.
    Steve,

Aren't the Phillies going to Bermuda on a goodwill tour after the season? image

Collecting:
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Doug

Good news!
    Mike
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Doug - Good to hear from you. Got a little worried when you didn't return pms. Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bermuda cruise?? That last sub must have been a profitable one! image

Glad to hear you are in the vicinity..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Bermuda cruise?? That last sub must have been a profitable one! image
    Glad to hear you are in the vicinity..image >>

HAHAHA ... you forgot to read the entire first line:

(MOM and DAD treated all 6 of us)

UPDATE: Still NO electric, etc... at home, which includes my office. Not being able to get documents off my PC is quite frustrating. Thank God my clients are very understanding.

Right now at my parents reviewing my emails and faxes for work. I figured I might as well sneak in here for a few minutes and say thanks again to everyone for their concerns. By the look of the downed trees on power lines one block away I don't think electric is looking good for today.

CPAMIKE: It's tough going to 7-11 each night for ice. Putting a few beers in the small cooler ... stopping at 7-11 for ice ... go to NYSC ... and when I get out they are cold. Instead of sitting in front of the PC typing away in here, I sit on my front step ... looking into the darkness ... and sucking them down! LOL

HOPE to be back in here on a regular basis SOON!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Doug,

Swing by anytime. I've always got cold ones for you. image

Collecting:
    Still in the dark ... HOPING for power soon!!!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

No power here either...

...but that's because I didn't pay the electric bill. image

Good luck in soon getting the power back up...one of those things we don't appreciate enough until it's gone.

<< <i>Still in the dark ... HOPING for power soon!!!!!!! >>

Doug,

Looking at the LIPA map, your area got hit hard as only 62% of the homes have power now.

Swing on by tonight, I've got power and a cold bud for you. image

Collecting:
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    God Bless Ya Doug.Glad everyone is safe.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Glad everything's ok D-Bone!
  • Muggyman say, "POOF" and please give you POWER. We take for granted what Benjamin Franklin and his kite did that day.

Good luck, STAY HEALTHY and MeetMug.soon

<< <i>Muggyman say, "POOF" and please give you POWER. >>

MUGSTER ... it worked! WOO HOO! I got power back a little while ago. Need to catch up on some work, as ALL my documents are on my PC and I could not do much these past 4 days.

Can't wait to catch up on my work tomorrow so I can start posting like a lunatic again! LOL

Thanks again to all you guys who showed concern. You guys are GREAT!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug