Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What do you think of the new VCoins?

I see the new VCoins is up and running, not sure I like everything they changed though.

Comments

• Options
    BjornBjorn Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    Hmm... Still checking it myself
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big issues with the new tier pricing for the dealers & the search function not being as good a the old.

So far I dont see a improvement, I liked the older one better.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    I have yet to spend much time there, but it seems a bit strange how they now have the gold/silver/bronze tier stores. Why is it set up like that?

I never cared all that much about their old search engine, this new one seems quicker so far.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    For the search feature there doesn't seem to be as many presentation options as the old version, otherwise I'm pretty neutral on what I've seen so far (now that its finally working of course).
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    IosephusIosephus Posts: 872 ✭✭✭
    After a quick look around, I found nothing new to like and two negatives:

- Cannot seem to perform a search where the results would be listings containing any of the entered words. This was possible on the old site. For example, searching [vatican papal pope] to try and catch all listings related to papal/Vatican items.

- The little sort of banner links at the top of sellers' pages for different items (under the general menu) do not work (eg, the link to Charles Davis's Oct. 1 sale).
  • Options
    A big no no just started happening, when you do a search for 24 or 48 hours you get the results, in this first instance 33 coins, but it only shows like 12 of them. If I were a Vcoins dealer I would NOT be a happy cramper.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problems with the search similar to SaorAlba. I ask for new coins for the past 24 hours and I get 0 results.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting a bit for the construction dust to settle before I go in and have a look.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    What was new is now old, and what was old is now new - Vcoins reverted back to the previous version of the site this morning.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they rolled back to original version. Poor planning for new site rollout.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Bravely charging into the future using past today eh?

I saw this too, and it reinforced for me that the old version is much better than what was rolled out this week. There's something about the I/N that just seems to make the owners of sites just have to roll out "improvements" whether they're ready or necessary or not. Interestingly, several other sites (mostly non-numismatic) that I visited regularly have been rolling out new versions this month. None seemed to work very well, at least at first. I was hard to see how several had been improved; just moving content to new and unexpected places doesn't seem to be an enhancement for me - but I guess developers are paid to develop. I guess I'll now go over and beat on the Babbage machines for a while (/sacr)

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!