Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dear PSA, please make me want to renew by CC membership...

this month due to an outstanding special! just sayin'

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Yup, I need to renew as well. Just no incentive.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I need to renew as well. Just no incentive. +1
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I need to renew as well. Just no incentive. +1
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I renewed a couple months ago but haven't submitted anything in almost a year. I have a pretty large stack waiting for a new home!
  • Options
    Come on guys, a book about tobacco cards and a subscription to SMR isn't enough? image
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    At least they changed the book.

<< <i>Join the PSA Collectors Club and receive the book Baseball Americana – Treasures From the Library of Congress, FREE! This book features 350 illustrations of first-generation, vintage photographic and chromolithographic baseball cards; photographs of famous players and ballparks and much more! Join Today >>

...but my desire to have books sitting around my house (like my parents) is NILL.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>...but my desire to have books sitting around my house (like my parents) is NILL. >>

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Hi Craig. Haven't seen you in awhile.
    Hope all is well.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I just renewed and will continue to simply for the reason I want PSA to continue to grow and succeed.
    I WANT THEM TO BE PROFITABLE.
    I want this hobby to prosper and I want PSA around to be part of it.

The free submissions they give with the subscription is plenty enough for me.

JMHO
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>The free submissions they give with the subscription is plenty enough for me. >>

I have to agree. I re-upped at the National, and frankly feel like its a good deal.

Consider this: 15 vouchers for 7 days service. Conservatively put a value on each voucher of $8ea or $120 total. Remember, this is 7 day turn-around, not 45 day.

I value the book they are giving out as an incentive to renew. Its an excellent book, with fantastic pictures.

Lastly, I enjoy the SMR monthly for the articles is contains. I can't say I use the SMR price guide, but all in all, I think its a nice package that PSA offers.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The free submissions they give with the subscription is plenty enough for me. >>

I have to agree. I re-upped at the National, and frankly feel like its a good deal.

Consider this: 15 vouchers for 7 days service. Conservatively put a value on each voucher of $8ea or $120 total. Remember, this is 7 day turn-around, not 45 day.

I value the book they are giving out as an incentive to renew. Its an excellent book, with fantastic pictures.

Lastly, I enjoy the SMR monthly for the articles is contains. I can't say I use the SMR price guide, but all in all, I think its a nice package that PSA offers. >>

Sheesh...............................Ya need something to clean your Nose off with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many Subs ya got cookin'....It won't work!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I have to reup in oct and prob won't. I have zero use smr. I wish clct would buy vcp and replace smr with a service like vcp. Smr is completely worthless. I could just check completed ebay auctions to get an idea of the real mkt price. Anything that isn't liquid enough to have completed auctions isn't accurately priced I'm smr anyways. I really wish they would eliminate smr and either pass the savings to the subscribers or share holders.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Sheesh...............................Ya need something to clean your Nose off with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many Subs ya got cookin'....It won't work!!! >>

Actually two!......and today is Day 7 on the 7-day voucher submission!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

Lastly, I enjoy the SMR monthly for the articles is contains. I can't say I use the SMR price guide, but all in all, I think its a nice package that PSA offers. >>

I agree with everything above, and I'll add that even though I don't use the SMR magazine, I do sell it on ebay for an average of $4.00 (after shipping cost) every month. Many ways to recoup the cash.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't care either way....but one suggestion would be this. Just make the voucher a dollar value for use on any submission. If I have a bunch of cheap commons to send in and the voucher is good for $60 I could send in like 10-12 cards instead of just 6 cards that are supposed to be high dollar cards(under $500).
  • Options

<< <i>

i signed up for the first time at this years national on the last day of the show (Sunday) at 11am. They had my 15 cards back to me at 3pm. i also attended the
    psa luncheon at the show, and brought a friend of mine (non-slab addict). Not only did he enjoy it (as did i), but we each got a copy of the hardcover book
    (every seat in the room had a copy on it).

PSA is professional, and i am proud to call myself a member
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>I really don't care either way....but one suggestion would be this. Just make the voucher a dollar value for use on any submission. If I have a bunch of cheap commons to send in and the voucher is good for $60 I could send in like 10-12 cards instead of just 6 cards that are supposed to be high dollar cards(under $500). >>

That would be great if they did that.
    Mike
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Jimrad.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you add up what you get it is more then worth the cost of the membership. Not to mention there is no other grading company where you can transform a common into a $5000+ card. I don't collect sets where this is possible but for many it can happen.

You get what you pay for. BGS may be free to submit but lets face it PSA cards on average bring substantially more. I have had a ton of fun chasing cards to either buy that are already graded or raw and subbing myself.

There is no doubt in my mind that getting cards graded is more then worth the cost and I have no plans at all to stop renewing and subbing through PSA only.

• Options
    Consistant and accurate grading is all I require. Obviously I didn't renew.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't often agree with mcadams, but I also agree with jimrad and Matt in that the renewal offer with the additional $10 discount off the membership fee and all you get for it is well worth the money. We should all support PSA, as our collections will benefit as long as the brand name remains strong.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I renewed awhile ago. The free subs I sent in paid for the renewal fee. I am waiting though for a nice special I am sitting on a huge stack of cards that need to be graded.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I heard the special will be $59 per card, no limit.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    That's kind of expensive. image
  • Options
    I called PSA customer service and they didn't have the info yet. That leads me to believe that the September special will be better than the August special, as they probably don't want people waiting to submit on the better special. If they were just going to continue the $5 special, they'd probably already have let us know.
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay