Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT Help with Paypal shipping!

I use Paypal multi-order shipping for all of my postage on my packages. Just bought a new computer that is running Windows 7 64 bit, now I cannot print any postage off of the Paypal site. When the screen prompts me to print, nothing happens but it shows the label as printed. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    What browser are you using? I was never able to get multi-shipping to work in Chrome. I have to use Firefox.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I am using winblows 7 just for pp shipping. Otherwise I boot up into linux partition. Anyways I am using firefox as well to get multi-ship to work. You might have to install Firefox.
  • Options
    When I use IE I can't even get any of my drop boxes to work. I tried also using Firefox, the drop down boxes work but still cannot print postage. Paypal support has been so much help too, note the sarcasm.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Is your printer/scanner winblows 7 compatible?

Also did PP prompt you to install something? I remember there was a prompt that came up and I had to install something for it to work. Guessing it was like flashplayer or java. Something like that.
  • Options
    Make sure you have the following software installed:

Flash Player 10.3.181.34 (IE)
    Flash Player 10.3.181.34 (Non-IE Browsers)

Shockwave Player 11.6.0.626 (Slim)

Java 6 Update 26 or Update 27

There are newer versions of Flash, but they're very buggy, so I would avoid them. All the above can be downloaded at oldapps.com.

Now you should be able to generate digital shipping labels using IE8 or Firefox 3.6.17. I know IE9 and Firefox 4 are out, and I would imagine they should work as well, but I haven't tried them.

Then make sure your printer is hooked up to your computer properly and has the correct driver installed. Print a test page using the utility software that came with the printer, and also try to print an image or document. If the printer is working with other programs, there's no reason it shouldn't work with an internet browser.
  • Options
    wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    By default IE8 in Win7 is going to block pop-ups, which is how the label is presented. You should see a little bar appear right under the URL/file menu area when you try to print the label. You need to click on this bar and select the "temporarily allow pop-ups" option.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help and suggestions. I got it to work, but to borrow a line from Crazy Mind it is still pretty buggy. After talking to Paypal tech support (insert own joke here) they have me convinced it's issues with IE9. Not sure what was wrong with IE8, I hate change.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I just got into using Paypal shipping, had the same problem and I had to click the link that said to "Reprint your label" or something along that line. Never pops open and prints the first time, I just click that link and it opens right up.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    you can set it to always allow popups for www.paypal.com and the problem will go away for that issue.

I use Chrome for multi-order shipping cause my drop down boxes won't drop down with IE9 either