Home Precious Metals
Options

Interesting chart work and short-term predictions.

MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
Here. I think it is interesting that the run-up patterns overlap. I do not buy that from this run-up similarity you can "trust" that the retrenchment will also overlap. I think the fundamentals and economic outlooks of 2006 and 2011 are very different. That, I think, will likely end the comparison. Your thoughts?

BTW, should the similarities continue, a dip back to the $1500 level would be a welcomed buying opportunity.

This too I found interesting. I lay no claim at being able to look at charts of this type and coming to any sort of conclusion. Clearly, others think that they can. Hoye's summaries are wecomed (at least by me).
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
–John Adams, 1826

Comments

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    TTT one time.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    I read through it. It is an interesting potential pattern match. Sometimes the past is prologue, though it rarely repeats exactly. The lack of replies may be indicative of how few here pay any attention to charts.

I find charts and some technical indicators to be useful tools, but they just that tools, not perfection, not a black box sure-fire trading system. No indicator is 100%, and when something gets to working well, and gets published, it tends to stop working as well.

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!