Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unopened stuff at auction tomorrow

Auctionzip Link for Unopened stuff

Anybody here going to this? Scroll down about 1/3 through the listing photos.

And what would you guess the 1982 and 1983 Topps cases should go for, BBCX doesn't have any in stock.
I NEED HANKS!!!

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    BBCE's buying prices for 1982 and 1983 Topps Vending cases are $900 and $700.

• Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
  • Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    I would not want to trust an auction like that anyway
  • Options
    I would not want to trust an auction like that anyway ... good to know, one less competitor db.
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they included a description to accompany the photos.

Edit to add: And who is "NOS" baseball collection?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It would be nice if they included a description to accompany the photos.

Edit to add: And who is "NOS" baseball collection? >>

"New Old Stock"
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It would be nice if they included a description to accompany the photos.

Edit to add: And who is "NOS" baseball collection? >>

"New Old Stock" >>

LOL, that's right. They are describing them like they are vintage auto parts.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    where is this auction?
    Anyone want to go in on one of the cases?
  • Options
    Central NC
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Central NC >>

hm
    i might need to sign up to peruse this stuff
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    It's in Mebane. I would not be surprised at all if the stuff didn't go higher than what the items would typically sell for on Ebay.
  • Options

<< <i>It's in Mebane. I would not be surprised at all if the stuff didn't go higher than what the items would typically sell for on Ebay. >>

Yep, called the auctioneer and am going to phone bid on some of them tomorrow. I would really like to get a few of the sets and the cases but I do not plan on spending large amounts on any of it.
    I have an idea exactly where these people are as we used to go to a wrestling tournament about 3 miles from the auction house.
  • Options
    Let me know how it turns out. I wish you luck.
  • Options
    This is the same auction house that sold a painting by "Whistler" for 6 figures. Money flows freely there, and I wouldn't mind consigning some of my sports collectibles there, as they tend to go higher than logic dictates.
  • Options
    So did anyone win anything?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    I bid on the 82 and 83 but low balled both of them.
    81 Fleer had a bid of $400 and the 81 Topps went for around $500 iirc. 82 Topps went for $1100 +/- and the 83 went for $1000 +/-
  • Options
    I ended up winning the 71 Topps set and one of the 82 Topps set ($40). The cases went far more than I was willing to pay, the 83 set went for $1300 and everything else was near or about the same
    Bob Freedman
    CEO, www.simpleauctionsite.com
    www.collectiblescentral.com
    bob@simpleauctionsite.com
  • Options
    I want to consign my stuff with them!!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I ended up winning the 71 Topps set and one of the 82 Topps set ($40). The cases went far more than I was willing to pay, the 83 set went for $1300 and everything else was near or about the same

I tried making phone bids but they were getting run up so hi I gave up after the 70s sets ran. You seriously paid $1500+ for a 71 Topps set? I hope it was NM-MT or better. The unopened stuff was ridiculous- the 82 vending case went for like $1500 and the 83 for $1300 like you said. After that I hung up the phone and said thank you very much.
  • Options

<< <i> After that I hung up the phone and said thank you very much. >>

I doubt they heard you.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I doubt they heard you.

They might've, I said it really, really loud.
  • Options
    The 71 Topps went for $1600, I was out at 1k. The 82 vending did go for $1300.

I did win the 82 Fleer($450), the 83 Topps only went for $1,000 which is a really good price, and I figured why not and won the 83 Fleer for $450.

The 83's at $41.00 a box, sealed... I might put a few you up for sale cheap once I bust it open, as well as the others. Should be a fun project.

It was hard to hear, but the guy I had on the phone was awesome. He kept apologizing for the auctions going at light speed. Would buy from again. John whoever that is walked me through everything earlier today over the phone. We'll see if I make my money back on this one...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Were those all Vending cases?

Jim

<< <i>The 71 Topps went for $1600, I was out at 1k. The 82 vending did go for $1300.

I did win the 82 Fleer($450), the 83 Topps only went for $1,000 which is a really good price, and I figured why not and won the 83 Fleer for $450.

The 83's at $41.00 a box, sealed... I might put a few you up for sale cheap once I bust it open, as well as the others. Should be a fun project.

It was hard to hear, but the guy I had on the phone was awesome. He kept apologizing for the auctions going at light speed. Would buy from again. John whoever that is walked me through everything earlier today over the phone. We'll see if I make my money back on this one... >>

Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    Yes they were. Group break...lol

It will keep me busy, I need projects. Group break from BBCE coming around 9pm look for the thread.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone here win the '75 set? Pretty sharp cards. Overall, the sets went a bit higher than I expected. Some vending cases were under the money while others were high in my opinion.

Miconelegacy--PM sent
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Any racing cards?
  • Options
    There was a box of 20 1984 Topps Vending that were all wrapped in cellophane. I did not think any vending was factory wrapped so I was a bit apprehensive about whether that had been searched. I bought them anyway--here is the results of 1 box.

• Options
    gstarlinggstarling Posts: 463 ✭✭
    those are beautiful. if you're interested in selling any of the boxes, I'd like to add 1 or 2 to my unopened collection
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There was a box of 20 1984 Topps Vending that were all wrapped in cellophane. I did not think any vending was factory wrapped so I was a bit apprehensive about whether that had been searched. I bought them anyway--here is the results of 1 box.

<< <i>

Do you cut the top right corner of all of your penny sleeves?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There was a box of 20 1984 Topps Vending that were all wrapped in cellophane. I did not think any vending was factory wrapped so I was a bit apprehensive about whether that had been searched. I bought them anyway--here is the results of 1 box.

<< <i>

Do you cut the top right corner of all of your penny sleeves? >>

Yes indeed