Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Compositions with Wax Pack

Interesting...

I was looking over the sets that include a wax pack...

For example

1960 thru 1970 topps Baseball with wax pack compositions...

There are sets in there that dont even have a wax pack in there inventory?

Seems pretty unfair for people that do have wax packs...

After all, isnt the main reason these set compositions were created was to at least have a wax pack?

I think this is an error in the PSA set registry...you would think you would need a wax pack to be allowed to join the registry...

Thoughts? am I wrong?

Either way just wanted to point it out.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll assume that they treat the pack just as a missing card, set in progress
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Right..... but why even have that composition.... you might as well have set compositions with set with card #1, set with card # 2 ect ect....

I think they need to fix that, or at least weigh the pack more... right now everything has a value of 1

Example....not cool if guy 1 is ranked #1 without a pack, and guy 2 is ranked #2 with a pack...and only difference may be a 1 common player PSA difference...

I mean the set does state WITH Waxpack,,,,

Just my thought...

I suppose just more ways to get free gradings...
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't disagree with you, maybe it should be required to have the pack to even start one of these sets...
    packs should def. be weighted higher
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    patriots74 - I agree with your comments. The set should include the pack prior to registering the set. There are a lot of similar screwy examples in the Registry. Personally, I dislike the Basic and Master designations. You can use all of the same cards from the Basic set in the Master set. The so-called team sets are more folly. Use cards from your Basic set to create a top-flight team set. The Registry becomes useless at some point when the exact same card is used in 'different' sets. - Kevin M.