Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Im finding absolute GOLD in this Junk Wax!!!

Well you might as well begin your laughing now, but to me this is absolute gold!!!

I was on ebay last night looking at some reprints then wondered onto Mickey Mantle Reprints and noticed that 1 comes out of Bowman 89, which I happen to have a box of. Anyways as soon as I got home from my football game(we won 3-1) i threw my bag down and grabbed two packs and out the 1st pack popped mr Mickey Mantle, I was soo excited stoked and happy, my face was beaming from ear to ear, I decided for the fun of it to rip 1 more pack and found Mr Willie Mays and then a 3rd cause I was doing so well I got Jackie Robinson 1950 reprint(I understand now that there is a reprint in every pack image, so my 1st mantle mays and robinson. Anyways i went thru the individual cards found mr Mark (only cause his pic was on the box) and then Ryan and I dont know if the 3rd guy is any good Mike Maddux, i think I heard the name... Anyways in and earlier pack I got the Ted Williams reprint (with the cut auto) pretty cool, anyways here are the pics.

I want to know do you think I should cut them out? I have a guillotine(i think thats how u spell it) at work and it would cut pretty straight...

Anyways thanks again...

Peace

Comments

• Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Anyways as soon as I got home from my football game(we won 3-1)

I thought you were a goof until my 12 yer old reminded me that soccer is also called football outside of the USAimage

Anyways - great Bowman memories!

Edit - spelling
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    That Mantle reprint is why I bought the real thing, 20+ years later.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    great stuff, thank you for sharing!

The Mantle and Mays Rookies are two of my favorite cards.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    I am glad to see you enjoying those cards. Junk wax is crap to some but it is still lots of fun for many of us. Especially those that are true collectors at heart.
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    It is great to see this kind of enthusiasm. It makes me want to order some cheap wax too.
    Joel
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened a mess of that stuff in '89 - 90 - glad you're having a good time!

Having fun in the hobby is not predicated on a price guide IMO.

Thanx for sharing.
    Mike
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    i remember fighting with my brother because he got a Mays reprint and a Griffey RC in the same pack, you realize Mike Maddux is not Greg Maddux thought right?...he's a super nice guy but along the ranks of the other players you posted.
  • Options

<< <i>i remember fighting with my brother because he got a Mays reprint and a Griffey RC in the same pack, you realize Mike Maddux is not Greg Maddux thought right?...he's a super nice guy but along the ranks of the other players you posted. >>

Thanks, that was the info I was needing BTW got a extra mays now, and also found 2 different Griffey cards which kinda confused me a bit will put picks up...

Im also still wondering about cutting em out? I went and ripped another 10 or 15 packs lol, so now I got a pile of gold trinketts, will post scans later...

peace
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i remember fighting with my brother because he got a Mays reprint and a Griffey RC in the same pack, you realize Mike Maddux is not Greg Maddux thought right?...he's a super nice guy but along the ranks of the other players you posted. >>

Thanks, that was the info I was needing BTW got a extra mays now, and also found 2 different Griffey cards which kinda confused me a bit will put picks up...

Im also still wondering about cutting em out? I went and ripped another 10 or 15 packs lol, so now I got a pile of gold trinketts, will post scans later...

peace >>

Dont cut them they will totally lose their value
    and
    replace the Mike Maddux with this guy

Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>found 2 different Griffey cards which kinda confused me a bit will put picks up... >>

This is the other one:

• Options
    Ok thanks for the help, I found the Greg Maddux guy and took some pics of more gold Im finding....

And 3 Walter Payton cards arrived late this week also, paid a massive dollar for the 3 of them image

Anyways hope u guys like the pics, found some nice stars so far... found a place that sells those little plastic sleeves I want some card savers but im trying not to buy items that cost more in shipping than the actual item....

anways here the pics...

peace
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Thats Gold Jerry!! Gold!!!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I'll try and remember to put some plastic sleeves in the box I'm sending out to you. Should be later this week.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice sigline picture. I never knew Fred Sanford was president of anything.
  • Options
    Didn't that musician play corner for the packers a few years ago
    Scoreboard Malfunction