Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Looking for an external hard drive. Any recommendations?

Looking to get a 1tb external HD to back up my files. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Comments

• Options
    I think any decent brand like Seagate or Western Digital should do the trick for you. I have used both and have had no issues.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking to get a 1tb external HD to back up my files. Has anyone had any experience with them? >>

Pretty much any major brand will be fine. Before you buy, I highly recommend checking these sites:

www.gotapex.com
    www.slickdeals.net
    www.dealdetectives.com
    www.newegg.com

The first three are deal sites that will tell you when an external HDD is on sale (which happens all the time). Newegg is just a great seller to buy from.

You can usually get a 2TB drive for about $80.

Tabe
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    I have a seagate, and prices have come way down on these external drives.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I have about a dozen 1-2tb. I like the seagate the best of the new ones. I have an early 1tb...that is like 3x the size they are now...but I like it as it has a fan....wish they still put fans in them. Make sure you don't leave it plugged i 24x7.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Seagate
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Verbatim
  • Options
    I have a Western Digital "My Book". It's the best I have had for an external hard drive, and have had no issues with it in 2 years.
    Haiku’s are easy
    But sometimes don’t make sense
    Refrigerator