Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vintage Wrestling Card Show and Tell

Not sure if there is already an existing thread for this topic (I tried to use the search function, but came up with nothing). If there is, please point me in the right direction.

I finally got around to scanning my ten most recent vintage wrestling card purchases.

The first scan features 3 cards from Charles Rigoulot. I think I have the set, date and country of origin correct. If I have made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me. I am relatively new to collecting vintage wrestling cards and would gladly defer to someone with more knowledge on the subject.

Scan 1, top row: c1952 Felix Potin (France) Charles Rigoulot, c1932 La Pie Qui Chante (France) Charles Rigoulot
Scan 1, bottom row: c1930's Joseph-Milliat Serie IV. - Les Champions (France) Charles Rigoulot

Scan 2, top row: c1935-7 Donat Indiana-Sport-Avion (France) Jim Londos & Georges Zakarias
Scan 2, middle row: c1959-60 Riz La Croix (France) Ange Blanc (White Angel), c1959-60 Riz La Croix (France) Charles Humez (former boxer turned professional wrestler after he was injured while boxing), c1930's Chocolat Favarger (France) Michot
Scan 2, bottom row: c1950 Ace Lavando, Yo Descansando (Cuba) Jim Casey, c1950 Ace Lavando, Yo Descansando (Cuba) Cabo Verde, c1952 Felix Potin (France) Yvar (?) Martinson

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrestling Card King I am sure will chime in.

He has quite a collection of older wrestling cards.

• Options

<< <i>Wrestling Card King I am sure will chime in.

He has quite a collection of older wrestling cards. >>

Agreed. Seeing pictures of his collection on his myspace page actually started me looking for vintage wrestling cards to add to my boxing card collection. IMHO, his site is the ONLY reason to visit myspace anymore, LOL. All kidding aside, I can't wait to see some of the stuff he posts here; just awesome!
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys have me all excited!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    If you are willing to part with the Londos-Zaharias I'd have interest in that one. Would be willing to buy or trade for it! Great stuff. I think the key to getting more people collecting the vintage material is letting people know what vintage material is out there. Thanks for posting.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Heres the one old wrestling card I could find among my stuff

imageimage

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I could use a Blimp Levy RC if anybody has one. Paypal ready, LMK. Check my bucket. Thanks brah.
  • Options
    Blimp Levy

Wow this guy was a whale!
  • Options

• Options
    King that photo of Babe Ruth is amazing!

Who is with him?

• Options
    Strangler Lewis
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    Did they make a card of Frank Gotch?
  • Options
    Not that I have ever seen, there is a card of Frank Gotch on ebay now that is over $200. Very rare card.
  • Options
    It has been a while since I posted anything in this thread, but that's because I haven't been buying much vintage wrestling. Stumbled across these two cards featuring Strangler Lewis, and I had to pick them up.

• Options
    I have paypal ready!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    PM sent in reply
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Some nice cards in here ... Thanks for sharing
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    It seems that all wrestling cards are starting to pick up in price at the moment....some Parkhurst cards had some really strong sales the other night and they were only raw.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    That Strangler Lewis Willard Chocolate card is sweet
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Yeah those are tough in a high grade, thought I had a nice one and it was only a PSA 2 so I had to upgrade that one of course. I think there was a speck of paper loss on a blank back card. This PSA 6 is very nice.