Home Precious Metals
Options

Coin World PM Prices QuestionWhy Difference

In the August 29,2011 issue of Coin World page 46 there is a chart of Gold Bullion Coin prices, For all the dates listed they show the K-Rand at about $7.50 over London fix, the AGE at about $85 over the London fix and the .999 coins, the Australian Nugget $100, Vienna Philharmonic at about $142 over the London fix. Yet the local B&M shops near me charge $75-100 over spot for the Eagle, about $65 over spot for the maple and about $50-60 over spot for the K-Rabnd. Why does coin world seem to show relative pricing in reverse of what I am finding locally. Is my local area dealers out of sync with the rest of the country?-Planchet

Example:
August 10 prices in coin world
London PM Fix $1772
Kruger Rand $1779.500
AGE $1857.75
Nugget, Maple, Philharmonic and Britannia $1913.76

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Aussie Nugget and Austrian Philharmonic prices seem a tad overpriced. If I had to guess the discrepancy in the pricing of the Kruggerand leads me to think that Coin World isn't reflecting reality at this time. The Eagle and the Maple pricing seems to be more representative of current conditions, and that is more or less what you should expect in this market because those are the two most liquid gold coins in North America.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.