Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best way to make money with cards is to Not Open Packs!

I have not bought packs of cards since Target stopped having Decent 8 to 10packs in $10 Boxes. Packs are a guaranteed way to lose money. By the certifieds and hits of ebay or trade for them. My collection would be crap if you blew money on packs. The guys that still have Card Shops that I know never opened packs or did little opening of packs. The guys that opened packs are out of business. It is like Playing Scratch-off Lottery Tickets.

Comments

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    yep
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    drug dealers usually don't use drugs

users do
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    1.) You're not GUARANTEED to lose money opening packs. If you were card companies wouldn't be able to sell $100+ packs. People get lucky (just not me). Those cards you buy on eBay have to come from somewhere.
    2.) Opening the packs is half the fun. If I lose money so what? It's the thrill of not knowing what's inside and taking your chances.
    3.) I don't collect for the money. I can guarantee you that I will probably lose money if I ever sell. And I'm okay with that. Collecting gives me pleasure (not THAT pleasure you pervs!) and that is why I do it.
    4.) I have nothing else to say.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    This just in....water is wet.....details at 11
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    buy gold, great potential.....
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    So you're saying my new business model of ripping wax for profit isn't viable?
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    nevermind, that was yesterday's news....