Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What does (oc) mean

I don't really collect cards, mostly coins but anyway I just got a box of PSA graded cards, well 24 cards, mostly football. Anyway on Joe Montana card it is graded NM-MT 8 and then below that it says (oc), what does the (oc) stand for?
Thanks in advance
AL

Comments

• Options
    Off Centered
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    OC (Off Center):

When the centering of the card falls below the minimum standard for that grade will be designated "OC." PSA determines centering by comparing the measurements of the borders from left to right and top to bottom. The centering is designated as the percent of difference at the most off-center part of the card. A 5% leeway is given to the front centering minimum standards for cards which grade NM 7 or better. For example, a card that meets all of the other requirements for PSA MINT 9 and measures 60/40 off-center on the front automatically meets the PSA front centering standards for MINT 9. If a card meets all of the other requirements for PSA MINT 9 and measures 65/35 off-center on the front, it may be deemed to meet the PSA front centering standards for MINT 9 if the eye appeal of the card is good.
  • Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, when I look at the card I can tell it is off center.
    AL
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    ...and some people can look at a card and tell it's Near-Mint, but we like it when PSA makes it official.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a player form a California team, it really stands for Orange County! image