Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB or WTT for certain Bahamas, Tanzania pieces (UPDATE- just Tanzania, now)

I have three specific types in mind. I would like either the Bahamian 10-cent (OR the 15-cent), AND the Tanzanian 5-shilling. In other words, two type coins; one nice example from each country.

These are the coins I remember most from my childhood. I actually spent these. We lived in Tanzania in 1972 and the Bahamas in 1975. I can remember one of those Bahamian "Bonefish" dimes would buy a comic book. One of the Tanzanian "Shillingi Tano" pieces was my weekly allowance and would buy a model airplane kit.

I would like really Gem BU examples (or DCAM proofs, where available). Slabworthy coins (never mind that even the nice ones are probably worth less than the cost of slabbing.)

UPDATE- it appears I have the Bahamian coins covered, and only need the Tanzanian, now.

Bahamas: 10 cents ("Bonefish" reverse)
1966-70 (KM4)
1971-73 (KM18)
1973 (KM39)
1974-75 (KM61) (This type ran for several more years, but I would only want 1975 or earlier.)

(The above type is as common as dirt- I've had dozens in bulk lots- but I want a real "keeper".)

OR 15 cents ("Hibiscus" reverse)
1966-70 (KM5)
1971-73 (KM19)

AND Tanzania 5 shilingi ("Shilingi Tano", 10-sided, FAO issue)
1971, KM5, FAO/10 years independence
1972, KM6, FAO (This type ran to 1980 but I'd only want the 1972, since that is the year we lived there.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.