Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NGC world standard 10 day is running 28+ days, if I didn't have coupon I'd used PCGS

28+ days maybe they should hire some graders.
What do you think?
Just a friendly Vent

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine went longer...huge backlog.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long is PCGS? Looking at the shared orders page it seems they are running 2+ months

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're really behind right now. My expedited submission that was suppose to take 5 days has been sitting at the NGC for over 2 weeks now.
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    PCGS received the package for my 15 day submission on 19 July, checked it into their system on 26 July (yes a week just to log the order) and still no grades as of today. Doesn't seem to matter where you send them right now.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    My NGC World ordered that just posted yesterday took 60 days!! Never, ever again will I use NGC for economy (low dollar) World coins!!
  • Options
    Well ... I suppose that with any luck I might get my two recent PCGS submissions back by Thanksgiving if things are truly this slow ... as hot as this summer has been so far here it must be cold enough to freeze molasses in Southern California ...
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the grading services have a problem hiring for peak periods and downsizing for slower periods. The staff can't handle the volume and I am sure gives priority to the auction houses and shows.
  • Options

<< <i>NGC world standard 10 day is running 28+ days, if I didn't have coupon I'd used PCGS >>

If you don't mind getting back the coins that don't meet your minimum MS grade in tubes, that might just work.
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>NGC world standard 10 day is running 28+ days, if I didn't have coupon I'd used PCGS >>

If you don't mind getting back the coins that don't meet your minimum MS grade in tubes, that might just work. >>

Care to explain, MrP?

BTW, NGC is hiring. That they don't pay very much (mid-$30k last I heard) is probably why the can't find staff.
  • Options
    A large group of coins were submitted. Coins that met the minimum grade requested were slabbed. Those that did not meet that grade were returned in plastic tubes.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you don't mind getting back the coins that don't meet your minimum MS grade in tubes, that might just work. >>

Care to explain, MrP?

BTW, NGC is hiring. That they don't pay very much (mid-$30k last I heard) is probably why the can't find staff. >>

mid-$30k??? image

Maybe I'll give 'em a call to solve their problems in the mid-30s................but that would be an 8 hr. day for 40 days.
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    My last world economy grades:
    received 7/1 mailed 8/16
    received 7/27...still out
    Coins turned in at the ANA were logged in on 8/24

Not too bad!
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent some banknotes to PMG, they received on 8/15 as of today it is in received status. Last time it took about two months for NGC to completed the grading. Business is good with NGC.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Here is some PCGS World Economy data for my submissions since 2009. I don't have enough NGC data to merit publishing.

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Wyb, are those times from the PCGS 'log in' until their 'shipping' notification?

I'll have to run mine over the years, but one of them at ~126 days would force me to use a log chart.... image
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Wyb, are those times from the PCGS 'log in' until their 'shipping' notification?

Correct. Most of my "log ins" happened within 3-5 days of my shipping them to PCGS. Also, the units are calendar days (not business days).
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.