Home Sports Talk
Options

Ric Flair is in bad financial shape...

Hate to see my fave wrestler end up like this. Sad sad sad...putting up old championship belts as collateral on loans (trying to do the same with his daughter's engagement ring). On wife #4 right now, all of them costing more & more money. Still spending like it's going out of style ($Woooooooo!

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun!!! image

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hate to see my fave wrestler end up like this. Sad sad sad...putting up old championship belts as collateral on loans (trying to do the same with his daughter's engagement ring). On wife #4 right now, all of them costing more & more money. Still spending like it's going out of style ($Woooooooo! >>

To anybody that's followed wrestling news from the last decade, none of this is at all new, unfortunately. Flair has been a disaster on a personal level for a long, long time. He's tried to rip off so many people it's not even funny. He's put up the same NWA title belt as collateral multiple times at once and on and on and on. What a mess.

I prefer to ignore that stuff and just remember how much Flair entertained me in the 1980s.

Tabe
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Let's just say when it rains it pours and sadly Ric Flair's financial and personal issues aren't unique in the world of professional athletes.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez...the story never seemed to end...kinda hard to believe he's still alive.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    If my autograph were worth $25 a pop, I wouldn't have financial trouble. He's just an idiot with a dumb manager.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I live in Charlotte, NC, and ate dinner at the same restaurant as Flair last Tuesday. At least that evening, he seemed to keep himself together. Flair has been burning the candle from both ends for the last 25 years. He could pass away tomorrow, and nobody would be shocked locally.
    Haiku’s are easy
    But sometimes don’t make sense
    Refrigerator
  • Options
    Happy birthday Ric!
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    at least he has a cool name
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>at least he has a cool name >>

Richard Morgan Fliehr

...that's not a cool name.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>at least he has a cool name >>

Richard Morgan Fliehr

...that's not a cool name. >>

At least he has cool robes

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I thought this was sports talk forum and not a place to talk about soap operas. image
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

I tried to focus on reading that whole article but it just wouldn't end. This guy is a piece of crap.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    what a mess.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy for these athletes/celebrities who make the big money and waste it all and forget to save or invest poorly.

Just plain stupidity.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    oy
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    An aging professional wrestler who is in bad financial shape?? Say it isn't so!!. The next thing you will tell me that it was all fake and that they took steroids.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    Happy birthday Ric!
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy birthday Ric! >>

Was sadly hoping for a fresh thread instead of the birthday bot update.