Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about value of baseball scorecard

On April 17, 1976, I attended a Cubs/Phils game at Wrigley. The wind was blowing out that day and the Phillies eventually won the game 18-16. The game is note worthy because Mike Schmidt hit four consecutive home runs. I kept score and got Schmidt to autograph the scorecard after the game. I had lost track of it until recently when I was cleaning out some stuff and found it in a box of miscellaneous papers. The scorecard is in great condition although the actual scoring of the game was a mess because of several bat-around innings and the fact that 13 pitchers were used. Besides Schmidt's autograph, I also had stapled my ticket stub to the scorecard. Obviously, this is a one-of-a-king piece of memorabilia. My question is whether it has more than just sentimental value. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    I would keep it.....Based on what you say, the value may be in the $125 range or so

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    keep it..I'd say its worth around $75-$100 bucks
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    thanks guys! I will pass it on to my son.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Keithb.. I have a friend who collects scorecards and would like to arrange to get a scan of yours if you are ok with that. If you send me a pm or an email at arichter@swbell.net I will get you his contact info ( he is not a board member)
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be worth a LOT to a Mike Schmidt fan. There can't be a lot of ticket stubs around for this game. much less what you have.

I would pay a lot for a Killebrew item similar to this for his 500th home run, I know that's different, but Killebrew never had a four home run game.

You have to judge for yourself the sentimental value, if I were a Schmidt/Phillies fan I would have a hard time letting it go. Great piece!image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Joe, thanks for your comments. I must admit studying the scorecard and reliving the game brought back the thrills I first experienced as a 17 year old Phillies fan watching Schmidt's remarkable feat at classic Wrigley field. Glad you appreciated the piece. Keith