Home Precious Metals
Options

The gold "smackdown"

derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
Initial and maintenance margin requirements for gold futures raised Wed., effective close of business Thurs.

Look for blood on the streets over the next few days, especially Thursday. Monday and Tuesday action smells of some "insider trading." image

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Good, I might be able to buy some more.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    You have to be kidding....... after two days of waterfall declines... COE raise margin requirements... AGAIN!

Criminals!! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    So what about all that gold Chavez wants shipped. I guess he lost a lot of money today.
  • Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    You have to be kidding....... after two days of waterfall declines... COE raise margin requirements... AGAIN!

2 days of declines because once again insiders knew it was coming. Will anyone ever go to jail for this sort of stuff?
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In May they piled on 2 or was it 3 additional rate hikes to silver after it was already well on its way down into the dumper? So why leave gold off the guest list?

What's next plat or pall?

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I'll be buying again at $1600. $2000 is all but assured for this winter. image
  • Options
    Got the CME email late Wed. afternoon along with "most" people. I'd sure like to get on that list of the select few that got the call from a payphone on Monday.

• Options

<< <i>You have to be kidding....... after two days of waterfall declines... COE raise margin requirements... AGAIN!

2 days of declines because once again insiders knew it was coming. Will anyone ever go to jail for this sort of stuff? >>

How about that, I beat Tyler with news by a minute! Now if I can just get two days ahead of him. image

All this does is confirm the fundamentals for gold (and silver). This is actually good news for serious stackers, bad news for speculators.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average in, average out when you need the money. There's no other "good" way.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Looks like the gold stackers are about to experience the sting that the silver stackers felt on the night of Sunday May 1.
    Damn those margin hikes ! Looks like the price of gold and silver can and will be held low, as long as "they" want it to be.

Peoples net worths are dropping in the thousands/millions, and many country's net worths are dropping in the millions/billions when these well orchestrated margain hikes
    are put in effect to deliberatly clobber the price of these metals . Gains that took months to achieve are wipped out in mere moments .
    Even if we all pulled a "crazy puzzler" and become "whales" and do everything "Crazy big" we still can't get ahead in this game.

Lewis

• Options

<< <i>Looks like the gold stackers are about to experience the sting that the silver stackers felt on the night of Sunday May 1.
    Damn those margin hikes ! Looks like the price of gold and silver can and will be held low, as long as "they" want it to be.

Peoples net worths are dropping in the thousands/millions, and many country's net worths are dropping in the millions/billions when these well orchestrated margain hikes
    are put in effect to deliberatly clobber the price of these metals . Gains that took months to achieve are wipped out in mere moments .
    Even if we all pulled a "crazy puzzler" and become "whales" and do everything "Crazy big" we still can't get ahead in this game.

Lewis >>

The drop is a blip in time. Don't sweat the gyrations. It needed to correct. It was time to correct. Healthy markets must!!!!!!!!! Its the law!!!!!! of markets that is image Just like stopping shorting of equity markets it will in the end push the price higher.