Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold Tumbles Most Since December 2008

Gold plunged in New York, heading for the biggest drop in 18 months, on speculation that financial markets may be stabilizing, eroding the appeal of the precious metal a haven. climbing speculative demand from investors had pushed the market into a “bubble that is poised to burst.”

Before today, gold’s 14-day relative strength had been above 70 since Aug. 8, a signal to technical traders that prices are poised to fall.
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    Gold is a scam buy stocks and treasuries...

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    Just weak long liquidation. Even Sinclair said things would become crazy after 1764. He was right, although I wouldn't necessarily
    call this crazy. An $18.80 stock going to $17.63 isn't crazy, nor is an $1880 gold price going to $1763.
  • Options

<< <i>Gold is a scam. >>

Who's running it ?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold is a scam buy stocks and treasuries... >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold tumbles most since Dec 2008?

I believe gold bottomed in November 2008 so December would have been an up month. Maybe you meant December 2009?

The tumble today was because the word was leaked about another CME margin hike. Has little to do with financial conditions stabilizing as the banks
    were getting crushed for the past 7 months. One good up day out of 7 months isn't exactly a stabilization of the financial system...but it's a start.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't the dollar decline the largest since 1980?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the whole thing is a mess. gold did slide as well as silver