Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NC Seized State Surplus MARIS ROOKIE - opinions?

$500 minimum bid......seems to be a ripoff. Just wanted opinions....

[Link

Maybe this link works?

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    No returns? image

Here is fixed link.

Fixed

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    There is no way they are going to get a bid on that for $500 with a really crappy picture. And, the combination of cards is kind of bizarre; who would have had a few low dollar 80s and 90s cards AND an authentic Maris rookie?

I guess you could always bid on it, pay via credit card, and if it didn't pan out do a charge back... but that is kind of a jerk way of doing business...
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    It is a local NC State surplus auction. Drug seizure stuff. You pay cash, or certified check. Almost like a live auction, but they take sealed bids.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Michael Jorden? Is this a real NC government website?

I would put the chance of that Maris being a reprint at about 101%.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Yes...that is the real NC govmt. website. They handle drug sezures and state surpluses. I won some stuff from them along time ago (mainly DVD's). They do things with a sealed bid. Highest bid wins the item. You have no way of knowing what your competitors bid, or even if you had any at all.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    They generally will let you view these items in person. They had a 1958 Topps set a few years back that I was outbid on by a few dollars. I am not too sure that these "sealed" bids are actually "sealed" to everyone.