Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

anyone know??

I've been doing some cleaning up in my basement and ran across these......one side has the rookie card of the player and the other side has the 1989 card of the player...encased in plastic and it's hard to tell if there are two mini cards in the plastic or just one. Does anyone know who produced these??? thanks

al.imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Those were most definitely put out by Topps. Can't remember if they were called stand ups or what exactly. I have a few at home as I assume we all do.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    1989 Topps Double Headers All-Stars (24) This test issue features two-sided mini reproductions of a player's rookie card and 1989 card. The thin papers cards are encased in clear plastic stands. Size: 1⅝ × 2¼ inches.
  • Options
    those are cool, after seeing this, I have a box of topps 89, grabbed 2 packs in an attempt to pull 1 of those 'stars' 1st pack pulled Clemens, not perfectly centered, and it looks like a little blemish but still pretty happy to se him pop up

peace
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info.....al.
  • Options
    don't know if anyone would be interested but I put the cards on ebay.....maybe a red sox collector out there??? anyways they are listed under al_n_sandy14

thanks al.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    ....and I thank you very much!!! al.