Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

"Hello, this is Ebay calling. If you are expecting this call, press ... "

My phone rang twice today and the automated voice on the other end said "Hello, this is Ebay calling. If you are expecting this call, press" and some random number.

I didn't do anything and hung up. The number is Ebays number, but I have no idea why they'd be calling me. Anyone else get this?

I looked on the Ebay support forums, but there's only speculation there.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I've gotten that before ONLY when I had to reset my password or couldn't
    remember my secret question's answer and /or PIN number. Actually, I've done it twice.
    While going through the process on one of their pages to reset or whatever, there is a
    bubble ball that I highlighted to have Ebay call me immediately with the PIN # to reset. My phone rang
    within 30 seconds after submitting. It is an automated call just as you described with those exact words.
    It gave me a PIN # to reset which I had to input on a certain page on their website.

Maybe someone is trying to hack your account?
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I think that is something if you ( or someone else) is trying to access your account
    possibly from an are outside your own.. and looking to get a password?
    like the forgot password button..
    I have done it in the past but obviously I was requesting the contact.. wish I could recall what it was for.

the fact you don't know why they are calling is of concern
  • Options
    Evening,

E-Bay calls me everytime they have a rule change, special running, or just to congragulate me on being such a successful Top Rated PowerSeller (Not Kidding). Usually about 1-2 calls per week. Wish they would just leave my home telephone alone!!!!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Hmm. The calls were unexpected. Maybe some scum is trying to guess my password and failing.

It'd be nice if Ebay sent out emails informing account holders of failed login attempts, with the originating IP address.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25