Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

just an ebay rant

just an ebay rant! tell me your rant with ebay?

I am the seller and I get this message with about a 3 hours to go on my 7 day auction from another ebayer who also sells.

"Hi, I have some bids on your 1972 cards - if i only win one item, can you just cancel my bid- it is not worth it to pay $4.00 for a card I only bid $1? Thanks "El screwtheseller" this guy has been on ebay 3 yrs+ and has over 300+ feedback so he is not a newbie

I immediately put this one on my BBL as shipping was plainly stated 3.00 for the first 1-15 cards won, but if I only win one well screw you I aint paying. I guess what really annoys me is he is a seller too and is very aware of listing fees ,FVF fees,paypal fees, and all the other crap that goes with listing an item. luckily for me he didn't win a single auction.

this is just one of many headaches of late with fleebay, besides the 20+ NPB cases in the last 4 months plus 2 returns (I just wanted to look at it or try to sell it/approval service) + a couple let's negotiate the price after they win the auction .

I guess with all the new ebay rules for the buyers only, I should be happy this is all that has happened in the last 4 months.

and buyers wonder why there is less & less sellers & 99 cent auctions on ebay.

I have a special place for these buyers: "hondaclass", "lululovesmice", "arcballsoftball", "geekhf" just these 4 buyers cost me over 500.00 in sales.

enough ranting, thanks for lending an ear. wish ebay would allow sellers to at least leave neutral feedback for buyers.

oh well BBL list just keeps growing

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    If I got that email from a bidder I would have told him don't worry about it you won't win any and then cancel his bids and block him.

Joe
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    If I were the bidder I would send you the dollar and let you keep the card.
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I sold a card yesterday to someone. They had made me an offer, I countered them, then they countered me, and I accepted their counter. A few hours later, he sent me a message asking if we could cancel the transaction because he bought the same card on a sports card forum before I accepted his counter, and therefore he didn't need it anymore.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options

<< <i>If I got that email from a bidder I would have told him don't worry about it you won't win any and then cancel his bids and block him.

Joe >>

yes I would have canceled his bids but there was less than 12 hours left on the auction and correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the buyer or seller can cancel bids with less than 12 hours to go?

he is on my BBL now.
  • Options

<< <i>If I were the bidder I would send you the dollar and let you keep the card. >>

LOL please send dollar anyway can use as many of those that I can get.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If I got that email from a bidder I would have told him don't worry about it you won't win any and then cancel his bids and block him.

Joe >>

yes I would have canceled his bids but there was less than 12 hours left on the auction and correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the buyer or seller can cancel bids with less than 12 hours to go?

he is on my BBL now. >>

Morning,

Your right about the 12 hour window for cancelling bids, and something similar happened to me a while back, I was pre-sorting some cards for shipping after some auctions ended, and as I lifted up a stack of them they slipped out of my hands and hit a shelf so 100% perfectly you couldn't have scripted this! Bent the Sh$#t every corner on every card. So I figured no problem I'll just go end the items and call it good. Of course 4 hours to go so I can't cancel Bids, Can't end items, can't do diddlysquat with my own Auctions.

So I call E-Bay and get the Cust Service Monkey, explain, and they tell me NO they will not allow me to end the auctions, even though I don't have the product anymore in condition I have listed, ask to speak to Supervisor and explain, and get basically told, You Are SOL, my problem, if customers aren't happy and leave Negs ect. My fault, my Problem, If I could have dragged somebody through the phone ripped off their head at the neck, and shat down the neck, right then, I would have.
    So listings end and I have to deal with 7 different winners, I get luckier than He!!, sent E-maul with explanation of what happened and asked/begged them to just go along with cancel transaction, promising Free Shipping and Discounts and they all complied. Skated through by the skin of my teeeth with NO FRICKIN THANKS to PissPoor Bay !!!!!

So F@^CK E-Bay !!!!!!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!