Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Price guide for pinbacks?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody new of a price guide for pinbacks? There are a ton of Jackie Robinson pinbacks out there, and I have no clue as to their real value. I have done searches for auction results, and it seems like they always come up in lots of 3 or 6 or even more. Now these lots have sold in the thousands, but I don't know which ones are the valuable parts of the lots.

I just picked this 1950's pinback up on ebay. Paid about $70, which I think is pretty good.

There is one out there, that I really want, that is white, with blue lettering, that just says "I'm For Jackie". (Middle one in the photo below) I saw it sell on eBay about 6 months ago. Can't remember how much it went for, but I have regretted not getting it ever since. The really cool thing, is that I found a picture of a vendor selling the same button.

-Jason

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I know that some of the pinbacks are listed in the SCD annual catalogs; not sure if the Beckett catalogs have them or not. I think the three pins with the pictures on them are PM-10s that were originally issued with ribbons and charms, but I am not 100% on that. If that is in fact what they are, I know the SCD says which variations are more expensive.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    The PM10 pin with the yellow background is listed in the 2011 Standard Catalog at $190 in NM; the I'm For Jackie pin is listed at $200.
  • Options

<< <i>The PM10 pin with the yellow background is listed in the 2011 Standard Catalog at $190 in NM; the I'm For Jackie pin is listed at $200. >>

Thanks for the great info! I would buy that "I'm for Jackie" for $200 in a heartbeat! Wish I could find one.

-Jason
  • Options
    Baseball Pinbacks by Paul Muchinsky

Very good and informative.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would buy that "I'm for Jackie" for $200 in a heartbeat! Wish I could find one.
    >>

Maybe you can track down that vendor and see if he has any left.