Home Precious Metals
Options

Tripoli has fallen and the rebels have taken over Libya.

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm guessing that Libyan citizens who have their savings in gold and silver will be better off than those with paper money or their savings in a bank account.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I so surprised.

I wish the best for all the Libyan people. They have an opportunity to greatly increase their
    their standard of living and increase their ability to decide their own individual fates. I trust
    they'll choose wisely.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm guessing that Libyan citizens who have their savings in gold and silver will be better off than those with paper money or their savings in a bank account. >>

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the rebels now appreciate our help...for about a day or two. image

Can't wait to see who takes his place, and when the "Destroy Israel and down with America" chants begin.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    power vaccums are bad.

I can't help but think we were doing a lot more down there than simply enforcing a no fly zone.

I don't see a way for a populace to win against tanks unless those flying things were taking them out or they had military tank defectors. From what I heard early on, they were bombing tank and arty implacements.

If Syria had been a part of major terrorist activities, it wouldn't be like it is now. If Lybia hadn't had a part of Lockerbie, they'd be like Syria.... although Libya does have a lot more oil, don't they?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Can't wait to see who takes his place, and when the "Destroy Israel and down with America" chants begin.

I concur. One can only hope that they choose wisely as cladking stated.
  • Options
    Bullish or Bearish for crude? image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude down $1.50 tonight as silver and gold are up. But crude will probably reverse as it gapped down on the open.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bullish or Bearish for crude? image >>

Gotta be long term bearish in my opinion - I think the rebels are gonna want to keep the oil spigots flowing to rebuild the country. But I don't think this news matters that much in Monday's trading - it was basically an anticipated event.
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't wait to see who takes his place, and when the "Destroy Israel and down with America" chants begin.

I concur. One can only hope that they choose wisely as cladking stated. >>

Wisely for who?
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One view of what Libya has that the west wants

Interesting that the rebels formed their own central bank back in March. Libya has their own CB with no FED (ie the govt makes the loans w/o having to pay interest),
    and their own energy and water. In other words they are outside the reach of the BIS and IMF and have done a lot of good things for such a small country.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold