Home Sports Talk
Options

It's time for the Yankees to dump AJ

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
AJ has lost it. The guy has great stuff but he's laying stuff in there for hitters. I think his time in NY has come and gone. Sit AJ's rear on the bench!

Comments

• Options
    I hate to have to agree with you because he's a great guy but sadly the writing is on the wall. Just can't afford to give the guy the ball anymore...not this late in the season. Sorry AJ.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. His wage counts for a huge hit on the salary cap, and that's something the Yankees can ill afford.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>AJ has lost it. The guy has great stuff but he's laying stuff in there for hitters. I think his time in NY has come and gone. Sit AJ's rear on the bench! >>

Want lackey straight up for him?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

No, I would not give Lackey for him. As bad as Lackey is, he can still keep you in a game.

AJ is doing a good job right where he is, thank you.

Why would the Red Sox want to lose what AJ does for them and have him do it to their team.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    If the Yankees were in danger of missing the post-season, I'm sure the front office would be thinking about ways to get him out of the rotation. He's basically their 5th starter right now. Ignore the money aspect of it, and you'll come to the conclusion that most teams would kill for a 5th starter like him. Burnett might be awful, but he should continue to get the ball every 5th day until the playoffs start. No way he makes the 25-man roster for the playoffs, though.

• Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. His wage counts for a huge hit on the salary cap, and that's something the Yankees can ill afford.

Nice one!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yankees need to keep starting AJ -- he'll come around soon. image
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep him or my Twins will never win against the Yankees.image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Something still haunts him from his youth baseball days. You can just see it on his face and his body language, when something goes wrong, his entire demeanor changes. Instead of powering through it, it gets the best of him. Its completely all mental with him, he has sick stuff, but that brain keeps getting in the way