Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Omar Vizquel sure has played a long time.

Didn't know he played in the 70's under an assumed name.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just saw a few stats on Vizquel. First, I didn't know he was still playing! LOL He started the same year as Ken Griffey Jr and he has more lifetime hits than Jr. I never would have guessed that. Nor would I have guessed that he is 162 hits away from 3,000.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Also, he was 3-time All-Star, and won 11 Gold Glove awards. Some people think that he might eventually make it to the Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999

<< <i>Also, he was 3-time All-Star, and won 11 Gold Glove awards. Some people think that he might eventually make it to the Hall of Fame. >>

I think he is just as deserving as Ozzie Smith. He didnt get the pub that Ozzie got (doing backflips helps get noticed) but offensively he was better and defensively he was just a touch behind Ozzie.

I say he gets in. I would also love to see him play long enough to get those last 162 hits.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll get to 3K, but he's the modern day Luis Aparicio. In.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Can I come too? My stats blew away Ozzie's.

• Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't think he'll get to 3K, but he's the modern day Luis Aparicio. In. >>

I saw him play throughout his years here in Cleveland. Every day was a different highlight reel. In for sure....
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can I come too? My stats blew away Ozzie's.

image >>

If Ripken played in the NL instead of with the Orioles....Ozzie wouldn't even be on the HOF radar and Trammell would already be in.

• Options
    If I were a HOF voter, I'd select Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Roger Clemens, instead of Omar Vizquel. But I'm pretty sure that only about 20% of HOF voters agree with me.