Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay bidding technique

Can someone explain the rationale of the bidding technique of increasing your bid by $1 fifteen times in a row within a five minute period??

I have the most laid back style, I know what I am willing to pay for something and I bid that amount. I get sniped all the time but I can deal with that frustration. This just makes no sense to me...

No, I don't think this is a shill, this is the only auction they are bidding on from this seller

Comments

• Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    its ebay's lame increase maximum bid button that noobies tend to use.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>its ebay's lame increase maximum bid button that noobies tend to use. >>

Or could also be one of those late night bids ... I just had ten beers, so let me have fun! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I think some bidders do it on purpose to scare others away as if it is shill type bidding.

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>I think some bidders do it on purpose to scare others away as if it is shill type bidding. >>

Afternoon,

That's why the dutymon doodit!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>

<< <i>I think some bidders do it on purpose to scare others away as if it is shill type bidding. >>

Afternoon,

That's why the dutymon doodit!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

• Options

That's not a bad theory, not a bad theory at all.

I really wish someone would develop a good competing auction site, I'm amazed that there has been nothing. I guess the payment system could be a big issue at this point. I know that there are other systems but I have not used anything except paypal.

I also wonder how much of the actual auction process ebay has patented.