Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My New 1975 Rack!!

I just purchased a 1975 Topps rack pack from Tedw9.

I was totally psyched when I saw the picture of this particular rack pack for sale, because I had mentioned in a thread I created a while back that the 1975 Topps Bob Gibson Highlight was in the first batch of cards I ever had. Here is a pic of the card that I got when I was 5:

And here is my new rack pack. Pretty darn cool!

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Awesome rack pack Seth!!!

That has 3 nice HOFs showing. Well done!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    4 with Frank Robby. Nice pack.
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Nice!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 with Frank Robby. Nice pack.

Grant Jackson or Vic Albury is in the HOF? image

Edit to add: sharp rack, very nice!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    So you're the one that bought the Killebrew pack... image

Enjoy it, that's very cool that is has some special meaning to you.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Also forgot to add that I think it's neat that both Gibsons have the same tilt. I guess that is common on that card?
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    Oh, that sucks. Sorry. Yes, it was me. He posted that pic of his haul, I luckily saw it within a few minutes of the post, and immediately asked him for a price.
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I think the top card is trimmed... image

Nice rack (sounds wierd saying that to a guy)

Joe
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, that sucks. Sorry. Yes, it was me. He posted that pic of his haul, I luckily saw it within a few minutes of the post, and immediately asked him for a price. >>

I saw the haul but waited until he posted in the BST. I PM'd him 30 minutes after he posted it "So where's that Killebrew?" Again, congrats on getting it. image If you ever see an '81 Donruss pack with Ron Oester showing, that was my first card I remember owning.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    Nice! image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats on picking up a rack with the same card showing. Has to be a great find for you to add to your collection.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickup...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    The centering and tilt look identical. Its like time had been re-winded and your card had been put back in its original pack!
  • Options
    I know! Spooky!

I am trying to figure out a nice way to display both card and pack. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

• Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    That is an AWESOME purchase!! Enjoy!! image
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice rack! I need to get my hands on one of those.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Now THIS is what collecting is all about. I'm glad your so happy with it, I know it will be in a collection where it will be loved. I was tempted to keep the pack, but I know it's now in the perfect spot.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face Seth! image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Steve,

Great job finding that rack the perfect home. And to nail the tilt too...priceless!!!

Of course, if you come across any more of those racks I have a nice home where they will be safe and taken very well care of. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually say nice rack to my wife, but I have to say that's a good looking rack. Congrats!!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON