Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone Going to the White Plains Show this weekend?

any good deals or finds?

Comments

• Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    Good chance I will be there tomorrow --- loved this show 15 years ago --- have not been to one in awhile and not sure what I am looking for image
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I live about 10 minutes away, so I usually hit the show 3 or 4 times a year. I think I'm going Sunday.
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I am going saturday
    if anyone wants to meet up and say hi
    just drop me a pm
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I will be there on Saturday!
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent about 5 hours at the show this afternoon. Main weakness as always is a short supply of graded cards from my period of interest (1971-1976). Seems like the majority of graded stuff is pre-1960's. As usual, I did come away with about 35 NM/MT raw commons from 1971-1974, 25 of them from 1973. Several dealers at this show do have nice commons if you can stand to spend a couple of hours poring through them. Al Chipurnoi has boxes of '70's stuff that contains many nice gems amidst the majority of O/C vending stuff.

Didn't enjoy the 2 1/2 hour ride home (that should take an hour), but otherwise pretty good show as usual.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    My buddy was going and I gave him a checklist... Pretty much any nice sets from the 80s ie Tiffany, fleer glossy, 82 traded and 84 update were either not there or the dealer was asking for way more than the average competed auction on eBay... Obviously sellers can do whatever they want.... But I just dont see the point in not pricing their items accordingly. Would have pulled the trigger.... Could have saved money on shipping and the seller could avoid paypal and eBay fees....
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I just returned... Istayedabout 4 hours looking and talking to dealers. I saw Mini M, Lou P, Bob Watson signing, etc.

Same comments as above regarding commons from the 70's. I found (10) 67T baseball in nm+ or better and (20) 71T baseball in NM/MT to upgrade my raw set. I missed the 73T baseball in NM/MT as mentioned above.

I was not pleased with PSA regarding their pack / cello service. I dropped off a 65T Cello (upgraded) and 70T Wax pack graded by GAI 8. PSA would not place these on one sub form and ship them both to the same address... They place them on two forms and charged me $17.50 to ship each item back ;( they know how to make $...
  • Options
    i was there today, if you saw someone pushing around a teenaged boy in a wheelchair, that was me. got my superbowl xxi helmet signed by LT, and he signed a mini helmet for my son, no charge. he was in really great spirits and seemed genuinely happy to be there. i was so happy i bought a LT litho and had him sign that, too. he spent quite a bit of time to give his best autograph on this item, and it shows. had done this for resale, but it is so beautiful, i have to keep it. we had a GREAT time.

jose
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jose ... glad you had a good time. Kudos to LT for throwing an auto your son's way. Bet that put a smile on your son's face.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I'm going tomorrow. Any other board members? Living 6.5 miles away is a great benefit!
  • Options
    I'll be back in sunday set up near the nathans hot dog stand....stop by and say hello
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    Driving there with my son right now. Thinking of getting a banks ball sig, is it worth it? Can I pay for that by card?
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I see Rusty Staub is doing a rare autograph appearance. A friend of mine took my RC and the 66 card with Aspromonte to be signed for me. I am not sad about not seeing Rusty...he's normally grumpy as hell. I know he doesnt like to sign. He wont sign for single person when he is in Cooperstown for the Goose Gossage Golf Tournament. In fact, he wont even acknowledge anyone, not even a wave.

I saw pics of Banks...he looked good and my friend said he was in a great mood talking to people.
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    Sweet thanks. Talking to him is worth the cost
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    went yesterday- I left empty handed
    nothing there for me
    a lot of overpriced mid grade raw, and graded -
    grade stuff not high end for the grade- for the stuff I am interested in
    probably not going to make the trip anymore
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    ran over some toes with my son's wheelchair, hope none of them were yoursimage