Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

vintagerookies

Has anyone dealt with them before? I'm interested in making some offers on their cards but want to get some feeedback on them before i do.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    He is ok. He buys on Ebay through auctions through lower prices, and turns around and sells on Ebay through BIN's with higher prices. Nothing astronomical, but you probably can get it cheaper if you bid on the auctions same as he does.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    He's okay, I have never been overly happy with cards in hand. I think his cards are average for the grade.

• Options
    i've been trying to negotiate with him on some cards and its funny because i've been keeping an eye on them and they would have low starting auction bids then when they wouldn't sell he would put a high bin price
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i've been trying to negotiate with him on some cards and its funny because i've been keeping an eye on them and they would have low starting auction bids then when they wouldn't sell he would put a high bin price >>

I can promise you that the low auction starting bid is higher than what he won them for last month......
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    A few years back I bought a $600 graded card and when I got it in hand I didn't like it as much as I did in the scan. I asked if he'd accept a return on it and he did with no problems.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    He's a flipper, which is totally cool, but you'll rarely get a good deal from him in the realm of VCP.

I've found most of his cards to be really low-end for the grade as well--partly compounded by average picture resolution.

• Options

<< <i>A few years back I bought a $600 graded card and when I got it in hand I didn't like it as much as I did in the scan. I asked if he'd accept a return on it and he did with no problems. >>

He didn't want a neg and he would have lost a SNAD claim had you opened one anyway...He knows the game. Outside of ebay/paypal he probably would have told you to go eff yourself and he would have been right in doing so unless there was something wrong with the card that he failed to disclose/picture.