Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Registered mail to Newport Beach. Update: DELIVERED!

I sent a pretty large sub this week to PSA on the August special. Decided to send it Registered Mail as it was significantly cheaper than just adding regular insurance to the Priority Mail rate, and the extra security was nice. I didn't realize that the time that you don't get incremental updates on the delivery confirmation, and that it is only updated on delivery. Do any of you ship registered? Any idea of the typical travel time from the midwest to PSA? I realize it will probably take longer with the extra security, but it's tough not seeing it make its trek out to CA!
A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Be prepared to wait....and wait.....could take around 2 weeks....
  • Options
    Yeah I figured... maybe I should have shelled out the extra $40 for standard insurance. NEWMAN! image
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Registerd Mail = By Horseback
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Just had 2 cards shipped to me from the east (I'm out west) and it took 10 days via registered mail
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    don't worry. it'll just sit in a nice dark locker for awhile, kinda like solitary.

next time don't tell the warden he's obtuse.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For higher amounts of insurance, Express Mail becomes much cheaper than insurance via priority mail and delivery is usually next day. Registered mail takes approximately two weeks. I've had a registered package take ten days to arrive from the next state over. It's very slow but very secure as only certain personnel can handle it and it must be signed for by anyone touching it. Its stored in a safe and someone will get fired if a package is ever lost.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Haven't really looked into express mail. From what I can tell the insurance rates are the same as priority mail... right? I have another submission going out next week to PSA that doesn't need as much insurance... it would be funny if that 2nd package arrived and the grades popped before the registered mail one even got there. image
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    Insurance for express mail is much cheaper than priority mail for larger amounts. It will still cost more for the base price but the difference in total cost is not that much for more valuable packages.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I always use Registered Mail to ship to PSA and have never had a problem. Usually there in 1 to 2 days.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>don't worry. it'll just sit in a nice dark locker for awhile, kinda like solitary.

next time don't tell the warden he's obtuse. >>

It's my life. Don't you understand? IT'S MY LIFE!

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    1-2 days for Registered Mail? No way. You must be thinking of Express Mail.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>don't worry. it'll just sit in a nice dark locker for awhile, kinda like solitary.

next time don't tell the warden he's obtuse. >>

It's my life. Don't you understand? IT'S MY LIFE! >>

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    It's Registered - but I live in Southern Cal.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Well if PSA was in Ohio then I'd be set! image
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For higher amounts of insurance, Express Mail becomes much cheaper than insurance via priority mail and delivery is usually next day. Registered mail takes approximately two weeks. I've had a registered package take ten days to arrive from the next state over. It's very slow but very secure as only certain personnel can handle it and it must be signed for by anyone touching it. Its stored in a safe and someone will get fired if a package is ever lost. >>

Yep, Express Mail is the way to go.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I once had a submission take a week to get back to me registered mail from PSA.

I live 30 miles away from PSAimage
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Well it was a learning experience I guess. Not a huge deal as apparently PSA has quite a backlog from the national right now based on what some others have said. Hopefully when mine shows up they will have cleared some of those other big subs out. At what insurance amount does Express Mail make the most sense? And do they cap you at $5000 on express like they do on priority?
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    Ha...
    "Your item was delivered at 8:19 am on August 19, 2011 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658."
    From Ohio to CA in 4 days via registered mail. They must have busted out the thoroughbreds for that horseback trip. image
    And now, more waiting for the loggage.
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay
  • Options
    4 days for reg mail from OH to CA is excellent actually!