Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Book value for submissions

Hi - I'm about to make my first submission to be graded and I have two quick questions I couldn't find the answer to.

First, what should I use to determine the declared value of each card? I can only seem to find listings of already graded cards in the magazine and online guides that came with my membership.

Second, Is it alright to include non-sport cards and official releases on the same form? I have some promo cards printed by HBO of Kenny powers from the show Eastbound and Down, I have seen them PSA graded before on ebay so I know they can be graded but I'm not sure if I can mix them in with some regular cards without causing a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    Declared value is for insurance purposes. Figure how much to replace if damaged/lost. As long as cards are same size it is ok to mix the sport/non-sport on the same sub.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recomend declaring cards at what you think it will take to replace. The insurance is cheap and if you ever need it you will be glad you own it.

Some items are extremely hard to replace and in some cases not even possible. You want to make sure you are compensated if their is anythng wrong with shipping your item.

• Options
    Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Declared value also takes into account what service level you use as well.

You can't send in, say a 500.00 card, declare it for 50.00 and expect PSA to grade it for 5.00 either.

The second part of your question is a lil more tricky. Are you using your vouchers for signing up?

If so, I recommend sending in higher value stuff.

(you can only send in cards valued at 500.00 and lower with those vouchers)

You can send in non sports and sports as long as they are the same size, Ie: you can't use the same form for tallboys and reg cards)

They can of course be sent in together.

It really is not as confusing as it appears.

Good luck with your sub.

Hopefully I covered all the bases.

Specials are a different matter.

Welcome to the boards too.

Steve

Good for you.