Home Precious Metals

Gold keeps setting records and the stock market..,

is giving me the willies. The housing market gives me no solace. We are fighting two wars. The world economic situation is terrible and Iraq is building nuclear weapons. I'm sure there is more. What have I left out? Take care. jws

Comments

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is giving me the willies. The housing market gives me no solace. We are fighting two wars. The world economic situation is terrible and Iraq is building nuclear weapons. I'm sure there is more. What have I left out? Take care. jws >>

Indeed, lots to worry about. I worry less each day as I add more gold to my stack. image
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>is giving me the willies. The housing market gives me no solace. We are fighting two wars. The world economic situation is terrible and Iraq is building nuclear weapons. I'm sure there is more. What have I left out? Take care. jws >>

Your dog was just ran over and your daughter is pregnant.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good stock will be a better investment than gold

a bad stock will be a worse one

the trick is knowing (or making an educated guess about) the difference

investing in stocks and metals is not mutually exclusive; I've been in both for 30 years and the stocks have treated me far, far better

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• << <i>A good stock will be a better investment than gold

a bad stock will be a worse one

the trick is knowing (or making an educated guess about) the difference

investing in stocks and metals is not mutually exclusive; I've been in both for 30 years and the stocks have treated me far, far better >>

Is the golden era of the stock market coming to an end ? Is all the phony money out there finally facing it's judgement day ?

Are these questions that even the greatest skeptic may entertain ?
    Hint: dont buy 'the stock market'

instead, buy a piece of a great company

• curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>What have I left out? Take care. jws >>

The war in Lybia, the war on poverty, the war on immigration, the class warfare, the war on oil production, the war on coal production.....

Edited for sentence structure.
    Every man is a self made man.

• << <i>Hint: dont buy 'the stock market'

instead, buy a piece of a great company >>

Very sound advice. But what is a good company ? RIMM was the talk of the town and had an advantage over Apple back
    when AAPL was trading lower then RIMM. If you bought that good company RIMM when it was 80, you are now way under water.
    All the business people had their Crackberry's, and everyone wanted to own the company.

Then everyone bought AAPL when it was 200. Then AAPL went down to 80 and people lost their shirts.

These are just two true stories about people getting royally screwed in the stock market, and there are thousand more out there.

But it comes down to what you can sleep better with at night.

And what are people sleeping easier with right now ? Their stock portfolio, or their physical ?

• “It’s ugly out there,” Paul Zemsky, the New York-based head of asset allocation for ING Investment Management, said in a telephone interview today. His firm oversees $550 billion. “It’s a combination of concern of a potential recession and the lack of policy tools to fight it. Until people see a bottom, they are not going to buy stocks. There will be pressure on the equity market until we see a solid policy response.”
  • RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608

<< <i>Hint: dont buy 'the stock market'

instead, buy a piece of a great company >>

Only 20% that try that, are able to pull the rabbit out the hat. The other 80% either do about the same as the overall market, or slink away with their big losers, never to be heard from again. That is the nature of the Internet, and investing, the winners brag, the losers stay silent. The truth is that indexers do better than 80% of active investors, and that percentage will probably always be true due to the emotional nature of investing, and the costs of commissions and taxes. Sure a few active investors will report their big winners, but the odds are against any one person being in that group.

then here's to beating the odds image

• JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Oh woe is me and my troubles. $5.00 bucks and some change and Gold will set another record. Trouble with that is the wife will just go shopping again with my credit card. She wears the pants in the family and learned it from our dear leader. She just says shes being Patriotic. I'm a patriot. Oh woe is me.
    alifaxwa2, checked the dog. Hes alive and well. He bit me. My son is having a sex change. I'm praying he does does not get pregnant. I better google that.
    Baley you can still PM me with your ten bagger. I need one.
    Curley, but I lost the war on poverty & LBJ died. Oh durn I'm loosing all those you cited or maybe I just surrendered. Oh woe is me.
    I know there is more I just can remember. I gotta get help, I'm going crazy. Wife says it's gonna be a short trip. Oh woe is me. Take care. jwsimage
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>then here's to beating the odds image >>

cheers image
  • Here is to the rich........Your house will be the first to be robbed
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    That is true. In the Civil Disturbances to come,

Flash mobs will surge, to where the money and wealth

resides.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good mutual fund- make contributions and dollar cost average and be patient

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

<< <i>A good mutual fund- make contributions and dollar cost average and be patient >>

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What have I left out? Take care. jws >>

The war in Lybia, the war on poverty, the war on immigration, the class warfare, the war on oil production, the war on coal production.....

Edited for sentence structure. >>

Now we have a war on privacy.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    To whomever resurrected this dinosaur image. {official PM forum, "like"}

Karma is in the air and the NSA knows it. Silver and Gold, stocks and our mortgage all our wars and everything else continue to amuse us no end. So walk like an Egyptian, count your money and coins were going round again, we know no end. Take care. jws
    And what are people sleeping easier with right now ? Their stock portfolio, or their physical ?

S&P 500 stock index "gives the Willies!" vs gold and silver performance since the OP on 8/18/11

Same chart updated through yesterday

How are your willies now, Julio?

• << <i>Same chart updated through yesterday

How are your willies now, Julio? >>

Hopefully he was able to profit from the FED subsidy. If anything happens to the Bernak put, I assume he will get the willies again.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And what are people sleeping easier with right now ? Their stock portfolio, or their physical ?

S&P 500 stock index "gives the Willies!" vs gold and silver performance since the OP on 8/18/11 >>

That's easy. Physical. That will not change any time soon.

If you're sleeping easy based on owning only paper fiat promises and digital share "ownership" then you're a ready and willing victim when paper reset time comes.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To prevent panties from getting in a bunch, Try this.

HE>I

• << <i>To prevent panties from getting in a bunch, Try this. >>

love it
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole