Home Testing Forum
Options

doodleydoodleydoo

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ready?

Here goes. All are UNC or BU Wheaties, with obvious junk removed. Tried to handpick for decent quality. Might've missed one or two clunkers, but you know how it goes. Think you will be pleased with these if we come to an agreement.

1942-P (32 pc.) These are not full Red pieces- they would likely grade out as RB or even BN, BUT they have some cool toning. They're a neat green-gold semi-iridescent color. Not MONSTER toners, but toners for sure. Call them subtle toners. One or two may have gone past toned and into "oxidized", though I did try to pull all of those out. Call it 30 pcs to allow for one or two I missed. Cool looking coins.

1944-P (full 50-pc. roll.) I had a lot of 1944 cents, so I made up two rolls. This, the first roll, is the lesser of the two, but still some very nice coins in here. Some have gemmy, blazing luster. Some have light toning. Most are full Red but some might go RB because several have blazing gem obverses and more mellowed reverses (much as the toner roll below, but with a little less color, is all- still plenty of luster). Just because this is the "lesser" roll doesn't mean these are bad at all. It's just that the next roll is the super roll.

1944-P (full 50-pc. roll.) *SWEET TONERS w/PASTEL PINKS* These are really nice. Not only are most if not all of them Gem quality, most have really pretty pink color swirls on the reverses, and in a few cases, the obverses. Like the last roll, though, for some reason most of these got their toning on the reverse. Some have a bit of lavender in the palette, too. LOVELY. I'm NOT gonna just blow this roll out at a "giveaway" price for obvious reasons, but I will try to be fair. The toner game is not usually my forte. Again, these might not fit some people's definition of MONSTERS (but I can practically guarantee they are NT, and so many monsters look AT, know what I mean?) These are lighter, pastel-toned pieces- the kind I have a soft spot for. Subtle, but definitely toners, though. And hey, how often does somebody offer toners by the roll?

1950-P (43 pc.) Full Red. Maybe one or two nice Gems or subtle toners, but most of the rest are your standard full Red Wheaties. There were many more (probably more than another roll's worth) that were a tiny bit speckled so I culled those out and these are what remained. Decent, maybe 63 RD quality for the most part, with some 64 RD possible. Maybe even one or two 65+, who knows.

1951-D (full 50-pc. roll.) Full Red. As above, nothing mindblowing but definitely not bad. Not bad at all. Should mostly be 63-64 RD quality (I suspect plenty of 64 RD), with some 65+ in the mix.

1955-P (34 pc.) Full Red, as above.

1955-S (19 pc.) Full Red, most if not all Gem quality. Probably most if not all should go 64+ to 65+ RD. Very nice.

I kept back one of the 1944-P toners (which wasn't particularly nicer than the others- it's just I had already filled that roll.) And one 1940s & '50s mixed date BU roll to play with later (unless you are interested).

If you haven't fallen asleep on me, we can begin to discuss price, and I can see how my quickie pictures turned out (if at all).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.