Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How do I find list of all cards made of a player?

Is there an easy way to look up every card made for a player.
Thank you for any help,
-Larry
Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
eBay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    You can search by player name on the pop report and it will list every card for that player that has been graded by PSA.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    There used to be a checklist generator at Beckett.com, but I think you had to subscribe to one of the price guides (wasn't too pricey for one month, one sport).
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am not looking for only graded cards ... I don't think the guys I am looking for would have a lot of graded ones anyways. Mainly looking for guys in the junk wax era. But still it would be a good place to start.

I will go give beckett.com a look this evening.

Thanks for your help,
    -Larry

eBay Auctions
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    It is still free at Beckett to look at a player list using their search feature--but the list they generate under search feature is not very "printable" (format wise). I have been tempted to order a subscription there for a month to see how the checklists look when you are a paid member.

You can also buy one of their "Alphabetical Checklist" books--try searching ebay or Amazon or similiar seller devices for a cheap used copy in good condition.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

<< <i>It is still free at Beckett to look at a player list using their search feature--but the list they generate under search feature is not very "printable" (format wise). I have been tempted to order a subscription there for a month to see how the checklists look when you are a paid member.

You can also buy one of their "Alphabetical Checklist" books--try searching ebay or Amazon or similiar seller devices for a cheap used copy in good condition. >>

Copy and paste into Excel and clean it up there. I don't believe they put out the books any longer.

• Options
    I just wanted to tell everyone thanks again.

I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE. It is CL SITE 3. I was able to pop it open and type in the players names that I wanted to see. BAM the list was there.

Thanks,
    -Larry

eBay Auctions
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry, all these are good places to start. I would add the "Standard Catalog" has a lot of good information.

What player are you looking for?

I collect Killebrew and created my own list. Worked on it off and on for about 15 years and gave up when the card company's started all of the numbered variations, just got to be too much. I have yet to find a list that has all the cards I discovered. The player registry set comes fairly close but is missing at least a dozen cards.

Any item that PSA doesn't grade also will not be included in the registry set.

Have fun collectingimage

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Joe,

I am actually looking for a few different players. Mainly pitcher and catcher combinations from the year they completed No-hitters. So I wanted to see what cards were available, the different sets from those player and years. Or possibly look at doing rookie card combinations.

Thanks,
    -Larry

eBay Auctions
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry, sounds like a cool project.

For players from the 1960's make sure you check out the O-Pee-Chee and Venezuelan Topps issues, these are often overlooked. Star players will also appear in regional and food issues. Don't forget Post cereal (there is a Canadian Post set in 1962 I think) Jello and Kelloggs. Many pitchers that have no hitters should be fairly well known the catchers might be easier to complete if they aren't H-O-Fers.

Pick up a Standard Catalog, get a used one if you are on a budget. This is a great resource. I just about wore mine out looking for Killebrew Issues.

Good luck and sounds like it will be a lot of fun!image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Thanks, I was looking for something new and different, not just another registry set but something I can look up and read about. Of course I am on a budget, isn't everyone on some type of budget. image

I will search around and see if I can find on the Standard Catalog.

Thanks again,
    -Larry

eBay Auctions